Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Angle of Selection

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    I find out, when I draw a straght line with the shape tool „Make Curve” is the rotationpoint zero.
    Great ernie. You found one I didn't! It actually remembers what angle it was made at as when you rotate it with the Ctrl key down it no longer aligns up-down or left-right. We'll call this the Yellow solution.

I included a cheat: make it in an earlier version and copy back. This was my Green solution.

Two to go.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Draw a rectangel, convert to editible shapes and delete two pionts of them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angle.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	126370

The same with a triangle.
    Last edited by ernie-f; 17 February 2020 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    Draw a rectangel, convert to editible shapes and delete two pionts of them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	angle.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	58.4 KB 
ID:	126370

The same with a triangle.
    ernie, you are cooking. That was my Blue solution.

My worst offering (Red) is to create a Line with Round cap. Convert Line to Shape and delete outer control points and add back a Line width.

If you do this with a Butt or Square cap you get into the same position as your Box solution.
    It equally works with a Circle but you have to remove the Smooth join.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,
    thx for the coock. I realy like to cooking and BBQ. Coocking inside XDP is not so my thing but I enjoyed the experiments.

Greets from Bavaria!
    Ernie

ernie, bitte schön, gern geschehen.

Acorn