Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
Here's the problem and I hope Xara/Magix can do something about it.

Item 1: I've drawn a wind turbine blade.
Item 2: I've now moved it to a vertical position.
Please don't ask me why I didn't draw it in a vertical position, in the first place. I could explain it to you, but, that's not the point I'm making.
Item 3: I've drawn a circle, around which I will need two more blades. 360 divided by 3 is 120.
I will need to clone the first blade and rotate it 120 degrees.
You can see that when I select the blade it is showing an angle of -15.24 degrees. WHY? WHY? WHY?
I now have to work out; do I add -15.24 to 120 or take it away from 120?
How stupid is this?
Then I need to clone again and then somehow work out some other maths. WHY? WHY? WHY?
Item 4: I've simply drawn a vertical line. When I select it, it show an angle of 90 degrees. WHY?
It should be 0 degrees.

This is THE MOST STUPID FEATURE I've ever seen.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me a way of turning this off.
Rik, no maths. Clone and input #120. Clone and input #240. No need to rotate to vertical either. You can do it from any start angle.
The use of the # was explained in the Release Note.

For Lines:
  • With the Shape Tool, click and then move to the right and Ctrl+Click: Horizontal line at 0o.
  • With the Shape Tool, click and then move up and Ctrl+Click: Horizontal line at 90o.
  • With the Shape Tool, click and then move to the left and Ctrl+Click: Horizontal line at 180o.
  • With the Shape Tool, click and then move down and Ctrl+Click: Horizontal line at -90o.

Xara starts angles along the X-axis and increases them through a rotation that is anti-clockwise (maths convention), flipping from positive to negative when it crosses the X-axis (left and down).

Acorn