Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default scanning into Designer Pro X16

Is there a way to directly scan in something?

Default Re: scanning into Designer Pro X16

Quote Originally Posted by briadair View Post
    Is there a way to directly scan in something?
    No.

Can you Scan to Clipboard and just Paste or to File and drop into Xara?

TWAIN is rarely 64-bit: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-2ddd9bd2c257.

Acorn

windows has default 'windows fax and scan' still built in, use the taskbar search to find and open it, then copy/paste or save/open if your scanner does not do what acorn suggests [or you don't have another app that will scan]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you very much [B]handrawn[/B] and Acorn.
    With your clear help I have found the built-in scanner with windows and can now import into Designer Pro X16

Years ago, one of the Xara users created a utility to scan and then paste into Xara http://archive.xaraxone.com/html/shareware.html I have no idea if it still works but it is worth a try. I am attaching a copy (zip file) that I downloaded from the XaraXone Archives. (Scanned with Malwarebytes). Dmitry created many useful utilities for early Xara products that should still work.

Dmitry Malutin’s MicroScan Now you can scan images into Xtreme. Well, almost. MicroScan is a stand-alone utility that locates and activates your scanner and scans the image. The scanned bitmap is automatically placed in the clipboard and can be pasted (Ctrl v) into Xtreme. Quick Scan launches a scan of your entire scanner window in B/W, Grayscale or RGB and at resolutions ranging from 75-2400dpi. Custom Scan launches your scanners own utility and gives you more options. Scanned images may also be saved in several file formats. Click here to download MicroScan. Download the Zipped file, double click on the icon and install the program.
    Attached Files Attached Files