Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Fixed non moving (pase)-background

I´m just learning WDP16. Before I was using Serif WebPlus X6. When using WP I could let the paper / Page be transparent so you saw the website background as its backgound and the page could have a shadow which made it look elevated.
    And the website backround stayed fixex when you scrolled the page. My questions:
    1. How do I fix the transperncy for the page?
    2. How do I apply the shadow to the page.
    3. How do I make the website background not moving when scrolling the page?

If you go to http://byairmail.eu you will see what I mean.
    flyingcalypso

Ps. WebPlus was fantastic but Serif does not support it any longer and some does not work any more so I`m moving to WDP.

Default Re: Fixed non moving (pase)-background

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Try this, I think it will work.

Apply your world image to both the page and the pasteboard (the background)

In the Page & Layer Gallery, unlock the Page layer. Select the page and add a glow shadow with the Shadow Tool. The shadow is red by default. Ctrl click in just the glow and click on one of the darker gray colors.

Thanks for your help. Now there is only the problem with the scrolling.
    How do I make the background stay fixed / not move along with the page when I scroll the page. Like at byairmail.eu.

Regards
    flyingcalypso

If it's on the Pasteboard, then 'Fill Browser Window' If it's on the MouseOff layer then Web Utilities > Web Animation > Reveal/Scroll > Scroll Animation > Parallax

I did a quick attempt at creating something similar...

Map.web

Right click on the pasteboard area and select Fixed to prevent the background from scrolling.

Chris - Brilliant.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fixed-scrolling.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	113.8 KB 
ID:	126339  

Hello and Thanks once more!
    One of the first thing I did was to right-click to see the popout menu. I saw the alternetive Fixed and tried it. But no,the background was and is still scrolling along.
    Now I wonder: I bought Xara Web Designer Premium 16 on the net (Ebay-uk) (No problem there) I`m still waiting for it to arrive (probably monday) so I downloaded
    the free testversion of it so I can practise while waiting. Is it possible that some things do not work in the test version like fixed background=non scrolling?
    I know I had to put some code into WebPlus to make it work. Something like this:
    Put this in the <HEAD>-part of you document:

<STYLE TYPE="text/css">
    <!--
    BODY { background: url(/../images/mybackground.gif) fixed }
    -->
    </STYLE>

Make sure the background is not dominating your content, or the background is not somehow stringly related to the content.

You can get the same effect by adding

bgproperties="fixed"

in the <body> tag as such:

<body background="/../images/mybackground.gif" bgproperties="fixed">

I hope I do not have to this and that the fixed command is not working with the testversion

REGARDS
    flyingcalypso

Download this >>> Map.web and double click to have Xara open it. As you have only just started with Xara you will need help in knowing what does what and how it was done.

Expand the Page & Layer Gallery (right hand side of screen)
    Click the red padlock next to Pasteboard Background to allow editing
    Approx in the middle of the map click and drag sideways. You will see there is a simple black rectangle with an 85% transparency
    Drag and drop your own picture directly onto the picture of the map. This will replace the map I used
    Use the Preview (eyeball icon top task bar) and decide if you need the dark rectangle or not. Re-position if you do, delete if you don't

Have a play around and ask how things work if you can't figure the rest out. It's unlikely you will be able to do this without asking as you are very new to Xara and still thinking in terms of Serif.

The end result will (should) look like this...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	map2.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	126355