Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Domain XARA and Magix- Confused.

Some years ago, I set up my website using Magix Web Designer 16 premium. At the time I was posting my website up to XARA I had at the time created a sub-directory which had my domain name in. So, the main directory was "http://orueke.xara.hosting/" and the sub directory was "http://taep.co.uk/".

All was well, and has been for a few years now. However, I started to run out of the "M" storage space. I was advised to buy a copy of Xara Designer Pro X which I did. I still had the same problems with having just 2GB of storage.

I was told I would need to buy an "L" storage package. Which I have done and this has given me 10GB. This storage is run by Magix. I have been posting the site website up to a website which has been made by Magix combining my email address, and ending in .magix.net/. I have tried to create a sub-folder with my domain name www.taep.co.uk and have posted to website into that folder. but this has made no difference. The web address is still the the Magix email address.

Can anyone kindly tell me how I can move my domain name from Xara across to Magix? I have posted a number of tickets up to Magix support, but am still stuck.

Many thanks in advance.

Richard
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example2 XARA.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	120.6 KB 
ID:	126327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example1 XARA.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	126328  

Default Re: Web Domain XARA and Magix- Confused.

I think you have posted this new thread twice... did you mean to post something different the second time?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Steve - The post was moderated and so I think Richard posted several times. I approved the post and deleted the duplicates.

thanks Gary
    Nothing lasts forever...

As on every web space, a domain redirection must be made to a folder. Without the correct reference, the domain cannot know where the content is.

like ernie said, it would appear your taep.co.uk is still 'pointing' to your original xara hosting and not to the new magix hosting

if so, you cannot change this from within the xara program, you need to access your domain through the control panel [or equivalent] of whoever supplied it, and change the settings there
    Nothing lasts forever...

The OP opened another thread and I replied there.

Instead of publishing to his domain name, he was publishing to either xara.hosting or magix.net with his domain name as a sub-folder. He should be publishing to his domain name directly, assuming that he actually owns the domain name.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)