Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Info Running older versions of Xara Deaktop Applications.

I bought Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10 and still have XDPXv10 installed but neither would run.

I asked xara what to do. Little of use came back.

Now, by chance, I have the trick.

Ensure all other Xara Desktop applications (XDA) are now running and Run as Administrator either of these first before launching later versions.
    I believe any XDA v11 on do not have this niggle.

Acorn

P.S. I hold onto these as they are perpetual licences and I might be able to offer further TG advice. Mad I know.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Running older versions of Xara Deaktop Applications.

never had an issue with 11 or 12 - but i only have 15.1 latest, not 16.n
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    never had an issue with 11 or 12 - but i only have 15.1 latest, not 16.n
    Do you means you can run v10s all right with v15.1 loaded or you don't have v10s? If the latter, I was trying to advise that co-running of v11s all the way up to v16 is all OK.

I have also got XWDPv10 up and running again.

It is funny finding all those half-finished projects just waiting.

It is possible to set up a Shortcut, even on the Taskbar, to Run as Administrator.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I was replying to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I believe any XDA v11 on do not have this niggle.
    which I took to be a non-definitive statement, so just saying for the recoprd that I had no issues with 11/12
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Running older versions of Xara Desktop Applications

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I was replying to this:
    which I took to be a non-definitive statement, so just saying for the recoprd that I had no issues with 11/12
    Quite happy.

Acorn

Xara Xtreme 5 Silver still perfect, use it everyday on Win 10 Pro.

http://downloads.xara.com/downloads/...08_08_2012.exe

Smile Re: Running older versions of Xara Desktop Applications

Quote Originally Posted by Mcffee View Post
    Xara Xtreme 5 Silver still perfect, use it everyday on Win 10 Pro.
    http://downloads.xara.com/downloads/...08_08_2012.exe
    Now that's what I call a User Interface.

Thank you for sharing. I left mine on a dead machine years ago. I think it was a free install from a magazine CD.

Acorn

Afterword: "The Clipart, mein Gott, the Clipart." /// "This is the drawing package you are looking for." [From a galaxy, far, far away.]

For those thinking about using Xara Xtreme 5 Silver, it is a 32-bit installation (as are X3D7 and Xara Photo Graphic Designer 10).

Acorn

My Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10 runs just fine in Windows 10, although it's been a while since I used it. I normally use V16.3, However If I have to reinstall 15.0 then I will revert back to 10 anyway.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Lightbulb Re: Running older versions of Xara Desktop Applications

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    My Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10 runs just fine in Windows 10, although it's been a while since I used it. I normally use V16.3, However If I have to reinstall 15.0 then I will revert back to 10 anyway.
    This is what worries me. People seem resigned to getting a bad deal through Xara that they just accept it and go back to what works.

I want perfection, now, as I have paid for it. A slight exaggeration perhaps but if we all strive for better then we will get it.

TGers say they wouldn't write a book with it (GaryP has, with caveats) Numbering
    Google/SEO says it doesn't like your websites much Adaptive
    Illustrators say the graphical tools have gone stale Mesh
    Xara says it's mostly for vector work so photo tools are in the background Tracer
    Typographers can only dream ...

... we get SmartShapes.

Acorn