Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Info Running older versions of Xara Deaktop Applications.

I bought Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 10 and still have XDPXv10 installed but neither would run.

I asked xara what to do. Little of use came back.

Now, by chance, I have the trick.

Ensure all other Xara Desktop applications (XDA) are now running and Run as Administrator either of these first before launching later versions.
    I believe any XDA v11 on do not have this niggle.

Acorn

P.S. I hold onto these as they are perpetual licences and I might be able to offer further TG advice. Mad I know.
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Running older versions of Xara Deaktop Applications.

never had an issue with 11 or 12 - but i only have 15.1 latest, not 16.n
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    never had an issue with 11 or 12 - but i only have 15.1 latest, not 16.n
    Do you means you can run v10s all right with v15.1 loaded or you don't have v10s? If the latter, I was trying to advise that co-running of v11s all the way up to v16 is all OK.

I have also got XWDPv10 up and running again.

It is funny finding all those half-finished projects just waiting.

It is possible to set up a Shortcut, even on the Taskbar, to Run as Administrator.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I was replying to this:

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I believe any XDA v11 on do not have this niggle.
    which I took to be a non-definitive statement, so just saying for the recoprd that I had no issues with 11/12
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Default Re: Running older versions of Xara Desktop Applications

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    I was replying to this:
    which I took to be a non-definitive statement, so just saying for the recoprd that I had no issues with 11/12
    Quite happy.

Acorn

Xara Xtreme 5 Silver still perfect, use it everyday on Win 10 Pro.

http://downloads.xara.com/downloads/...08_08_2012.exe

Smile Re: Running older versions of Xara Desktop Applications

Quote Originally Posted by Mcffee View Post
    Xara Xtreme 5 Silver still perfect, use it everyday on Win 10 Pro.
    http://downloads.xara.com/downloads/...08_08_2012.exe
    Now that's what I call a User Interface.

Thank you for sharing. I left mine on a dead machine years ago. I think it was a free install from a magazine CD.

Acorn

Afterword: "The Clipart, mein Gott, the Clipart." /// "This is the drawing package you are looking for." [From a galaxy, far, far away.]

For those thinking about using Xara Xtreme 5 Silver, it is a 32-bit installation (as are X3D7 and Xara Photo Graphic Designer 10).

Acorn