Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Create a custom drop down menu?

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    Well, the menu buttons work, the animation plays, it's even sticky: but now it slides down from over the header instead of under it.

Is this final dilemma something I will need to be content with?
    You could either try a different animation, like Stretch Down, speed up the animation so it isn't as noticeable, or replicate the section and add it to the menu layer so it looks like it's refreshing itself.

I did this several years ago using layers. http://gwpriester.com/menu-test/

Well, the menu buttons work, the animation plays, it's even sticky: but now it slides down from over the header instead of under it. Is this final dilemma something I will need to be content with?
    Try Zoom Fade In for your animation; it has a better impact and retains the original header. If you want the popup to close on-scroll, you need some code to do this. I believe Acorn could advise how best to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    Well, the menu buttons work, the animation plays, it's even sticky: but now it slides down from over the header instead of under it.

Is this final dilemma something I will need to be content with?

Attachment 126293

https://a-harttech.tk/sandbox/
    Sorry I'm busy but the images can be on different Layers other than MouseOff so you can get the slide under.

The code to hide onScroll ought to be simple.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Just don't make the Menu Layer items Sticky.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

There is (maybe) an easy way to achieve the same effect for your mobile variant as your desktop site, whereby when you scroll upwards, the menu scrolls upwards too. Rather than have your mobile 'menu' button link to a separate layer, the animated menu is placed on the MouseOff page (thus avoiding the workaround for sticky animated objects on a pop-up). The menu button simply links to the top of page, and as it does, brings your menu back into view. If you place the same button on your desktop you have consistency between the mobile and desktop variants. This would be consistent too with your top of page buttons in the variant footers.

Attachment 126295

Where mobile buttons have a MouseOver, clearly this has no effect on a touch device other than (at least in the Android world), the active page shows the MouseOver effect e.g. https://theparsonage.co.uk. This can be helpful to the visitor in that it confirms the page he/she is on, when you bring up the menu.

However, where, you have multiple buttons you will likely have to revert to mobile menus.

Hopefully, this may of use.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I like that, it is lateral thinking at its best.

Acorn