Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did you know...

Info Did you know...

... if you hover over a sub-menu entry under the menu bar entries (File, Edit, Arrange, ...) and press F1, you get the help page related to the sub-menu item?
    Menus - If you want to know what a menu item does, highlight it and press "F1".
    Help This command is available at almost every point of this program and opens the program Help at the corresponding topic. Use this command to get help on any function of Xara Designer Pro X.
    Shortcut: F1
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Did you know...

Thanks Acorn!
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Yes. And press F1 (function key) with any Tool selected for a menu of context sensitive information about that specific tool.

Thanks guys, I didn't know either of these tricks but then there is a lot of things I don't knoe.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Thanks from me also!
    :-)
    Joëlle

Nice! Thanks Acorn and Gary

Never knew that. Thanks guys!

Great information, Acorn.

I have a feeling even the Xara programmers don't know this nugget (or at least they've forgotten about it).

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    Great information, Acorn.
    I have a feeling even the Xara programmers don't know this nugget (or at least they've forgotten about it).
    Of course Xara has. Text Tool Arrange > Smart Fields > F1 is a FAIL. There is no Help page for it; there is nothing in the PDF Manual.

Can anyone identify other FAILs? There are over 350, not including Context Menus and Dialogs.
    There are even Help buttons that FAIL.

Text Inside.
    Load / Save Translation.
    Some Context Menus.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Your a wizard.