Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Thumbnails move when page size is adjusted

Acorn, after looking at your wimsy.xar it has created a question for me. Is it possible to create your own photo frame within xara or must you always use the ones in the content catalog? I guess what created my question is when I looked at whimsy.xar at the star frame I thought about giving it 6 points instead of 4 and tried. I see no way how. Then went to the help for xara and looked up photo grids, all it talks about is the ones in content catalog. I like what you are showing in whimsy.xar, just created a question in my mind!

Default Re: Thumbnails move when page size is adjusted

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    Acorn, after looking at your wimsy.xar it has created a question for me. Is it possible to create your own photo frame within xara or must you always use the ones in the content catalog? I guess what created my question is when I looked at whimsy.xar at the star frame I thought about giving it 6 points instead of 4 and tried. I see no way how. Then went to the help for xara and looked up photo grids, all it talks about is the ones in content catalog. I like what you are showing in whimsy.xar, just created a question in my mind!
    Bill, what Xara is calling Smart frames is basically some wrapping around existing capability.

Of the two examples, Rounded Square and Star, both are actually made from the rectangle Tool and the QuickShape Tool but Xara has hidden away some controls.

I find this a pointless exercise and automatically use the right Tool for the job, which is actually the QuickShape Tool as you can morph a shape into a box, ellipse, circle, star or cog with up to 99 points.
    Then magically, Xara allows the addition of a Bitmap fill and it then markets this as a Smart Frame.

There is no need for 95% of the Online Content Catalogue. You could get by with one Smart Line, one Smart Labeled Line, one Smart Table, a few Charts and buttons. Most are badly implemented.
    The Spiral is innovative but has its limitations.

To get a six-pointed star. Use the QuickShape Tool. Drag the Blue control (Number of points) @ 3 o'clock and you can change from 4 up to 30.
    I did this for the 7-point star thumb, bottom right.
    If you wanted a 37-pointed star, with a non-symmetrical Stellation radius and Offset, then Xara Smart Star Frame is no good.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat