Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nag Screens

Hybrid View

Default Re: Nag Screens

When I click 'Start Installation' I get the Windows UAC prompt, which I accept, then nothing. It's as if I hit the cancel button.

Next time I start XWDP, it's back again. Cancel, accept, same result. It takes around 30 seconds for it to appear.

If I'm the only one to experience this it's obviously something on my machine and I'll have a serious look when it begins to annoy me.

No, I'm getting exactly the same here.

My subscription isn't due, but I cannot get rid of that pop up.

I must confess, other than trying to install WDP on top of itself (it failed as it said there was a newer, or same, version already installed and refused to continue) I haven't bothered to look into it.

so the update to the program update checker/installer [as opposed to the actual program itself] is failing for some people ?

I'd be looking at security settings, windows and any third party, although xara does not have an unblemished record when it comes to update issues, it must be said...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I'm getting the same problem. Sent email to Xara support. They suggested uninstall the program, delete the Xara directory from C:\Program Data. Which I did. I also deleted all reverence to Xara and Magix from the registry. Re-booted the computer, re-installed Xara Web designer from the link that was sent to me in the email. I was then asked to open the program as administrator which I did. The program then did an update to the latest patch. I then re-started the program and low and behold I get a message asking me to renew my update service, so nothing has changed.
    Just a thought though I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.592. Could this have anything to do with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tib.63 View Post
    Just a thought though I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.592. Could this have anything to do with this?
    No.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

@ Acorn: Thank you! for your workaround:
    renaming C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\16\ Online\ to C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\16\ OnlineXXX
    This resolves (for me) the very irritating v16.3 Adding colours.... 20 second delay on startup immediately, for both my clean install and update. No more start up delays and no more nag pop-ups. The original fault in the startup script, introduced by Magic in v16.3, was acknowledged by Rob as a BUG some months ago; let's trust it really is on the bug list to be fixed.

The same here, within 3 sec. is my installation ready to work. Thanks Mike & Acorn for fidding it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    When I click 'Start Installation' I get the Windows UAC prompt, which I accept, then nothing. It's as if I hit the cancel button.

Next time I start XWDP, it's back again. Cancel, accept, same result. It takes around 30 seconds for it to appear.

If I'm the only one to experience this it's obviously something on my machine and I'll have a serious look when it begins to annoy me.
    No, you're not the only one ... it's happening exactly the same for me. It just doesn't seem to want to install.

By the way ... Thanks to everyone who commented. It's nice to know it's not just me screwing up again ...
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Are all those with this pestilence all owners of Magix software other than the Xara stable?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat