Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default vinyl cutting machine

Hello everyone, I'm a teacher at elementary school, and we have to buy a vinyl cutting machine that can cut pupils' drawings. I was googling and found this thread
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...not-cut-shapes and that's not what I was looking for. I just thought that would be great if somebody advised me a decent machine if you know one

Default Re: vinyl cutting machine

Hi, I've been using a Roland Camm-1 PNC960 for over 15 years with no problems. You can't buy that one now but here's a link to the latest Camm-1 GS-24

https://www.rolanddg.co.uk/products/...p-vinyl-cutter

It's 24" and cuts out a single colour vinyl. You change the vinyl if you require more than one colour and then piece together. If you require full colour in one pass and cutting they have machines for that but the prices are on a totally different level. You'll find the info on that site though.

I no longer run a graphics shop, but when I did, I had a Graphtec CE7000-60 (24 inch cutter) which only costs around $1900 - which I won in a raffle, so it didn't cost me anything, but I wouldn't go with less than a 24 inch cutter. Since this is for your school classroom, I'd consider the Graphtec CE7000-40 (15 inch cutter), since that is only $1295 - which is probably the lowest price new vinyl cutter out there. I might have different recommendations for someone wanting this for a commercial operation, and whose willing to spend a lot more money, but since this is for school use, my recommendation stands. Sign Outlet Store in Chicago is where I get my supplies and equipment.

Look on ebay, I did a quick search and found several new 34" cutters for under $600 that is where I bought my USCutter machine and it cost me $320 and worked very well. Would buy another one from USCutter. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...otter&_sacat=0

I am not sure that it would be a great idea to buy a cutting machine from e-bay... We will use it every day so I'd like to have a guarantee. I found this list https://wisepick.org/best-vinyl-cutter. May be something from here? I mean, I understand you offer me decent models, but you should remember that schools have budget. We just can not afford something over $1000 (it's $600-700, actually)

Hi MellowLight,
    Quote Originally Posted by MellowLight View Post
    .. a vinyl cutting machine that can cut pupils' drawings...
    Here's some info you might want to review.
    https://www.wikihow.com/Cut-Vinyl-Using-a-Vinyl-Cutter

Multicolor 'drawings' will require a color separation (plot for each color); i.e. 6 colors-6 cuts. each 'weeded'--see reference.
    Then each applied to a substrate in register. Not an easy task.

Please read the referenced info and post any questions you night have. Happy to help; please ask.
    ~Fred

I am not sure that it would be a great idea to buy a cutting machine from e-bay... We will use it every day so I'd like to have a guarantee.
    The one I bought from ebay came directly from USCutter along with their catalog to order supplies and came with a full warranty. Just because its on ebay doesn't mean it doesn't come with a guarantee. Contact the seller and see what guarantee it comes with because if it is a USCutter machine it is most likely coming directly from them with a full guarantee. I know that mine works very well.
    Last edited by Gypsyjoe; 01 February 2020 at 09:57 PM.

I am not sure that it would be a great idea to buy a cutting machine from e-bay... We will use it every day so I'd like to have a guarantee. I found this list https://wisepick.org/best-vinyl-cutter. May be something from here? I mean, I understand you offer me decent models, but you should remember that schools have budget. We just can not afford something over $1000 (it's $600-700, actually)

Something else to consider. OS you guys are using. Windows, Mac, Lenix, other? What age group will be using the machine? I have looked at all the reviews and all the other pages others have suggested and all have merit. of the llink you provided I seem to like the circuit cutter.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I'm using for my chinese vinyl cutter Easy Cut Studio. Easy Cut Studio got the driver to communicate with my cutter, a plug 'n' play solution. The Windows driver I've never got to work. The desings I can do in Easy Cut Studio too, but I prefere to do this in a vector draw programm.
    From Xara as ex. I export my design as svg. That imports in EasyCut perfect.

Allways keep in mind how a cutter works and what data it can plot and what not.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cutter.jpg 
Views:	1769 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	126267