Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Designer Pro X - Default Space after Paragraph

Hey Guys,

New to forum, but been using Xara for a number of years.

I'm looking to see if someone can help - I have a niggle. When I import text into Designer Pro X, the "Space after paragraph" value defaults at 10pt, so I am always having to manually change this value to "0". Is there anyway I can change the default setting from 10pt to 0 within Designer so everytime I import text, it comes in without large gaps between paragraphs?

Thanks

J

Default Re: Designer Pro X - Default Space after Paragraph

JMarc, welcome to TalkGraphics.

Open your default or other Template, noting what it is called.
    With the Text tool create a Text Area and then add some Lorem Ispum text, a line feed and again some Lorem Ipsum text [Insert > Lorem Ipsum text (Shift+Alt+L)].
    Highlight all of this and look at the Text Bar.

Check it is Normal text and the values of Space bfore and Space after. Normal should be 0px for both.

If different change to 0px.
    Back to the Style box; this should now show Normal text+

In its drop-down, pick Update 'Normal text' to match.
    You now have a document with the correct settings.

Delete all the text so you are back to the initial view of your Template.
    Use File > Save Template and tick Use as default template, if that is what you used.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat