Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
Usually, all a company or individual have to show is enough of a resemblance to imply a copy or plagiarism. And Rik and Jeff both accepted the challenge of reproducing the logo, and both were spot on. Let's leave it as that. If you want to create something original and make it available to the Xara community and is great and I am sure it would be much appreciated.
Gary, I have totally missed something here. Rik & Jeff mocked up a XAR file of the MS Edge logo. Am I correctly? Jeff then offered up a template XAR file of the double spirals of Post#1. Did this also contain the MS Edge logo design?

Where does Fair Use come into Jeff's Post#1 image? I could barely establish its derivation from the MS Edge logo; it's better for one. Is this what you are concerned over?

Pixabay search for Microsoft or Google or WhatsApp or Instagram Stock Illustrations or most other corporate entities returns several examples.

I sold a Zippo(R) lighter once on eBay and got into an over-zealous American law firm for Zippo(R) claiming I was selling a copy and should stop and desist. It was genuine with proof of purchase and other provenance.

I have some work on the Archimedean Spiral (Area of Archimedean Spiral.xar) where I was checking how accurate Xara could be in discovering the area of the Red Bird in the Green Circle: Archimedes proved it is exactly one-third that of the circle.
Xara's circle calculation is accurate to 1/50000 when working in millipoints; the duck is less accurate being 0.2% off.

The pattern has a passing resemblance to the MS Edge logo. Should I stop and desist?

I am genuinely confused and concerned.

Acorn