Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Two edge transparency?

I cant seem to get the transparency right on my picture. It is rectangle and I want the left and right sides to have about an inch of gradual transparency. I can get it on one side easy. But the other side wont let me do it without messing with the first transparency setting. Anyone care to share the best way to do this?
    Thanks, Mike

Default Re: Two edge transparency?

Sure. Create a Linear transparency from one side to the other. Then select Repeating from the Transparency Tiling menu.

Reverse the start and ending values. From the Profile drop down select Profile 1.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Reversing.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	126176  

privatepratz Is this something like you are looking for?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garden of the Gods Colorado.png 
Views:	111 
Size:	216.5 KB 
ID:	126179

If so clone the photo and give it flat fill change color to what you need pref background color set transparency to repeating and move into place.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Just to give more options. My weapon of choice is to add a linear transparency, then double click to add more nodes and adjust the transparency of each node.

0% in the middle, 20 for the next 2 outwards and 100% at the ends:

Name:	Fade.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	126182

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Just to give more options. My weapon of choice is to add a linear transparency, then double click to add more nodes and adjust the transparency of each node.

0% in the middle, 20 for the next 2 outwards and 100% at the ends:

Name:	Fade.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	126182
    This has been my weapon of choice after it years to uncover that you could add nodes and apply different transparency levels. You use the Tab key to move along nodes and the Arrow keys to reposition a node; a Tab click when the range bar is selected does something different altogether.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Since we are bent on providing Mike too many solutions, here's one more. Apply Linear transparency to one side. Group the photo. Now you can apply a Linear (or any other kind of transparency) to the other side or to the entire image. Kind of a quirky feature but it can be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Since we are bent on providing Mike too many solutions, here's one more. Apply Linear transparency to one side. Group the photo. Now you can apply a Linear (or any other kind of transparency) to the other side or to the entire image. Kind of a quirky feature but it can be useful.
    Gary, it is useful but you have to be Inside the Group to edit and so lose immediate interaction. That is until I discovered you can work with the Page & Layer gallery and select inside the Group that way or use Ctrl+Click; both allow the first set of transparency control points to be tweaked. Doing it your way also allow for Profiling.

Now I am torn!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Learned something new again.

I never new you could add nodes on a linear transparency.

Ray

its been like that for quite a few years now - added back in the day when xara was still focusing on the vector tools....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks so much for the help. I found the most easy way to do a linear then group and redo linear. I am not an advance user. Thanks again, Mike