Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Select color in XDP

I'm using Xara Designer Pro X.

I'm looking in video : Color Select in Xara. ( downloaded it into my own pc ) [ https://youtu.be/p15oSTOEm08 ]

Why : suppose I want to change the color red into blue. to Keep It Stupid Simple

But ......... it is'nt simple , pretty stupid.

OK, I'm able to set points on the color I want to change. An area, small or bigger.

Can make it transparant, darker, more lightfull.

But .... if there is a flag with 3 colors, one of them is red and it should be blue ..... the video is more than the sound of silence.

Can anyone put a simple solution here ? And if .... save as and keep it safely (..)

Default Re: Select color in XDP

How else can you manipulate a bitmap's colours? It is a variant of flood-filling that keeps adjacent tonality quite nicely.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Unions Jacked.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	67.6 KB 
ID:	126175

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Using the Select Color to Enhance tool (Photo Tool fly-out) , you can select multiple colors. Though if you want to change more than one color then I would recommend, select the color you wish to modify, and change it. Then from the Arrange menu, select Flatten Photo Group. This in essence applies the colors changes permanently. Then repeat the process with the next color. The Photo Tool > Photo Hue slider is a good way to modify the selected color.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Using the Select Color to Enhance tool (Photo Tool fly-out) , you can select multiple colors. Though if you want to change more than one color then I would recommend, select the color you wish to modify, and change it. Then from the Arrange menu, select Flatten Photo Group. This in essence applies the colors changes permanently. Then repeat the process with the next color. The Photo Tool > Photo Hue slider is a good way to modify the selected color.
    thanks gentlemen for flag and explanation, practicing with the flag (Acorn) shows the effect better than in the video, and the text of the explanation (gwpriester) completes it.
    (Google translation)

Happy Acorn and I could help.