Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Jotform problem

Default Jotform problem

Aaaarghhh... I've spent hours on this with no success.
    I've created a food order form with Jotform and it worked perfectly with just a main variant.
    I've made a mobile variant and copied and pasted the form from the main variant into it.
    When viewing it in a full screen browser it doesn't show, but if you decrease the window width then it shows! Maximise the window and it disappears.
    Can someone please have a look at this and offer some advice - I could go with just the main variant - (if I delete the form on mobile it works fine until I reach the mobile browser size) but customers might well use a tablet to view the site.
    Any help MUCH appreciated!

http://www.mywebdesigns.online

WDP v16.3 Win 8.1

Default Re: Jotform problem

I'm sure this has been bought up before and if my memory serves me correctly the solution was to create another form in Jotform for the mobile variant and not copy the code from the main variant.

One way to resolve this problem (which occurs for quite a few widgets) is to place the widget/form in a separate document (say 960px wide), export it using 'scale-to-fit-width' (minimum width 960px, same as your document) to the same directory as your main site, and call it from your desktop, tablet or mobile variants.

You will likely need to adjust the form size and keep in a portrait style, but I have found the approach works well and if you a make a change to the form, you are doing it once. It is not the only way to fix the issue and others may have a better idea.

Acorn has previously explained in various TG threads why some widgets will not work across variants.

Thanks for the reply Mick - tried that but it didnt help

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    One way to resolve this problem (which occurs for quite a few widgets) is to place the widget/form in a separate document (say 960px wide), export it using 'scale-to-fit-width' (minimum width 960px, same as your document) to the same directory as your main site, and call it from your desktop, tablet or mobile variants.

You will likely need to adjust the form size and keep in a portrait style, but I have found the approach works well and if you a make a change to the form, you are doing it once. It is not the only way to fix the issue and others may have a better idea.

Acorn has previously explained in various TG threads why some widgets will not work across variants.
    Hi Initiostar - sorry for the questions -
    So I create another 1 page site which is just the form and save it to the same directory as my main site? - call it order_form_mobile for example?
    Then I upload the file to the main site directory on my server?
    How do I create a link to it on the mobile page of my site?

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Hi Initiostar - sorry for the questions -
    So I create another 1 page site which is just the form and save it to the same directory as my main site? - call it order_form_mobile for example?
    Then I upload the file to the main site directory on my server?
    How do I create a link to it on the mobile page of my site?
    When you want to use a single form that retains data across all variants, you publish the form to a location and ensure you have its web address.

In each of the variants, you create an Embed a Website widget (or hand-craft the code) using that web address.
    To be effective you need to ensure the width is set somehow; I use width=100% so it picks up the width of the Placeholder.
    This way allows you to scale the size of the form more readily.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Many thanks Acorn