Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default spell checker not working designerpro x 10

the spell checker does not work, see image, any ideas???
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SPELLERROR.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	51.6 KB 
ID:	126171
    '... and then there was Corel Draw v.2 for MS Windows 3 on my superfast 286'

Thumbs down Re: spell checker not working designerpro x 10

For some reason, Xara recently has been flagging up my documents as Document language as English (US).
    As I am not that side of the Pond, I find this strange and I then don't see the red dash underlines.

When I change the setting to be correctly English (UK), my misspellings are there for me to see.
    Text tool > ABC icon > Document language.

It seems to be a misalignment of what the document language is and what the spell-checker is expecting.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: spell checker not working designerpro x 10

SOLVED
    tx acorn, that was snappy and spot on!
    i found i had to select the text and then set the language to uk before it took off, but it works like a bomb now, saves me the cut'npaste to ms word :-)
    gg

Acorn, mine is exactly the opposite it always goes to UK, I have to change it to US if I am going to use it. Been that way since I got Xara X.

Info Re: spell checker not working designerpro x 10

I think I have worked it out.

I was using a Custom Template.

If you open a xara default Template and then the Text tool, before adding any text, check the Document language. Mine has UK so assume this is picked up from the locale settings.
    when I created my custom one, W10 must have switched Language Preferences to ENG US, without my noticing. It does this on occasion as I am sure some errant program is badly designed (not Xara).

Anyhow, I opened my custom Template, aded a text area and ensures the selected language and default language were both English (UK) and then deleted the text area. Finally, saving off the Template.
    All good not in use.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

i'll have a look. it somehow makes sense that a custom template might look at the system for 'help' ... i will experiment a bit, thanks for keeping us posted!
    gg