Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Planet Waffle

Threaded View

Default Planet Waffle

Not that I consider this worthy of hanging in a gallery of any kind, but just to try and reignite some of the interest/passion about Xara that used to exist here on TG before the Magix involvement. Xara has been my weapon of choice for forever. As long as I have the Xara .exe file on several hard drives, it will continue to be so.

Xara may well be on its last legs as far as I can see, but the basic drawing program is still a joy to use. I do not profess to have much in the way of talent, but generally speaking, if I can imagine something in my head, I can generally recreate it using Xara, no matter which iteration of the program I choose.

I am aware that CorelDraw, Illustrator and Affinity are out there and I use each of them from time to time, but good old Xara is always my starting point.

I generally start with a simple shape on the page and take it from there. Just using a simple circle and some other simple idea, I can embellish my idea using whatever takes my fancy at the time, in this instance, the Mould Tool. 20 minutes or so later, the idea is fleshed out and ready to put aside in a folder for future use.

The great thing is that it is fun to use, never mind the external noise about pricing structures or what might be new in the latest release. I haven't felt the need to upgrade for a very long time now, there doesn't seem to be any desire on MagiXara's part to refresh the vector tools, so I don't feel obliged to part with any cash until that changes, if it ever does... Anyway, I give you Planet Waffle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	waffle.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	126169  
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 22 January 2020 at 01:04 PM. Reason: add graphic
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.