Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Cool XDPX - Function Calls List

i have been working on all the key, presseses, menu selections and context menus that I can find in XDPXv16.3 as it annoys me this information is not easily accessible for all.

As it is a work in progress, it has errors and omissions but if you are kind, you can advise me of these and I will try to add to the corpus.

It is sitting in http://acorn.xara.hosting/index.htm at present with a linked Change Request Form at http://acorn.xara.hosting/changerequests.htm.

I am using Google Sheets at present but a major limitation is the table loses its filtering and sorting when published to the web.

I have been finding out lots of little gems and a fair bit of dross.
    I hope it works for you.

As I rework the data, it will probably change in is presentation.
    One thing I won't do is use any of Xara's Smart Tables. I am hoping it will become pure HTML and have an external data source.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: XDPX - Function Calls List

That's an awesome list. Great information for us to have. Thanks for sharing your effort with the rest of us so we can benefit as well. Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    That's an awesome list. Great information for us to have. Thanks for sharing your effort with the rest of us so we can benefit as well. Cheers!
    Thank you. Its worth comes with being able to sort and filter as you can then see duplicates, patterns, overloads and things you weren't aware of.

As I use the application frequently I keep on discovering nuggets that make the list effort worthwhile as keeping them all in your head is next to impossible.

For example, scroll down and read up on Key > L: there are 7 actions, two of which I have yet to understand...

... if you know or use then Post an answer or use the Change Request Form.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

When you first posted, Acorn, I only had time to give your project a cursory look. Today I had the opportunity to look at it more closely. I won’t even pretend to know what some of the information means, but that’s just because of my limited use of the software. Maybe it will expand my horizons. I repeat that this is a great work and will be a big help for anyone who wants a succinct aid when using Xara.

Quote Originally Posted by gcellison View Post
    When you first posted, Acorn, I only had time to give your project a cursory look. Today I had the opportunity to look at it more closely. I won’t even pretend to know what some of the information means, but that’s just because of my limited use of the software. Maybe it will expand my horizons. I repeat that this is a great work and will be a big help for anyone who wants a succinct aid when using Xara.
    Again, thank you. I am updating and adding to it daily and I hope I get the time to weaponize it better.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I hope I get the time to weaponize it better...

Acorn

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Partially "weaponized" at http://acorn.xara.hosting/weaponized.htm.

No direct link on the site as I want to work on this page.

Basically, type any fragment into the search box and / or order the column headings to drill into a topic.

Acorn