Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Web Designer 16: Renew Update Service

I'm using Web Designer 16. Recently, every time I open the software, I get this message:

Renew the Update Service
    Installs the latest version of the Update Service for your software.
    I click the "Start installation" button, and get a Windows prompt to allow the software to make changes to my computer. And then nothing happens.

The next time I start the software, I get the same alert. Is anyone else experiencing this and is there a way to make the installation succeed?

Default Re: Web Designer 16: Renew Update Service

Same.

If you've not been following, it is being chased here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...35-Nag-Screens.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Braden View Post
    Same.
    Thanks mate. Glad it's not just me! Fingers crossed Xara will release a fix soon...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    If you've not been following, it is being chased here: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...35-Nag-Screens.

Acorn
    Ah, yes. Looks like it's the same issue...

I'm getting the same problem. Sent email to Xara support. They suggested uninstall the program, delete the Xara directory from C:\Program Data. Which I did. I also deleted all reverence to Xara and Magix from the registry. Re-booted the computer, re-installed Xara Web designer from the link that was sent to me in the email. I was then asked to open the program as administrator which I did. The program then did an update to the latest patch. I then re-started the program and low and behold I get a message asking me to renew my update service, so nothing has changed.
    Just a thought though I recently updated to the latest version of Windows 10 Pro 1909 build 18363.592. Could this have anything to do with this?

Thanks for sharing your experience @Tib.63.

I have two copies of XWD on to different machines, and I'm getting the same problem on both of them. It's frustrating, but reassuring to know that this is affecting multiple people - so it's not our problem but Xara's. Fingers crossed they'll fix it with a patch soon.

Xara never does patches "soon".
    Almost any change requires Magix 4-6 weeks to integrate.
    Make a note of the version date and the actual release date to give you an idea.

Some people collect train numbers...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Very few software companies do patches very quickly. At least with this bug, functionality is not affected, and we can still use the program.

Quote Originally Posted by garycwood84 View Post
    Very few software companies do patches very quickly. At least with this bug, functionality is not affected, and we can still use the program.
    And luckily we can self-patch.

Acorn