Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Linking "onto the web,

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Richard, I believe you have found a very frustrating Xara Bug: it seems Links after the third row are lost as the Cell is transformed into an image, removing the link!

I have reworked your Link page to something that works.
    I have created a Soft-Group Text Area and White Box as a Cell.
    I paired two and soft-grouped them.
    I finally applied Push of 0px to them so new Rows can never overlap.

If you want to change width or height you need to select a Row and with the Alt key drag a middle control.
    If you are "joining" Cells, you delete the adjacent one(s) and Alt-drag to occupy the space.

Rows can be swapped. A bit fiddly but pull out the Row to one side, reposition the others to create the place where it is going to gap into and re-insert and click the bottom Row and Up arrow into a reformed table.
    Sorry but Columns are much the harder. It can be done though.

Attachment 126143

For your Links, I have changed the top half to open in a new Tab (Web Properties > Link > Open link). Have a go with the others or reset to Not specified.

Acorn

P.S. I will raise a Dear Xara on this!
    Hi
    Have you had anything from your Dear Xara?

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRudd View Post
    Hi Have you had anything from your Dear Xara?
    Sadly Richard, Xara has not bothered to paint a single pixel to the screen back on 25 Dear Xara's that I have raised since the beginning of the year.

I would be content if it posted "Xara staff are very busy prepping v17.0 at the moment but they'll get back to you with bugs cleared and new features fully tested so you can stop having to use v10, v12 & v15 to address these same bugs.", or similar.
    To think v16.0 was only released 489 days ago.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I should have looked here first because I`ve exactly the same problem except that the links works for the first 5 rows. BUT for the first column where I put logos (jpg, png and gif) for the different air mail societies and linked them to respective websites they are working fine, it is the 4th column where the links are text that the links are not working from Row 6 and upwards I`m attaching the file and the page is called societies By Navbar: Links-submenu-air mail societies
    File attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

Bug Re: Linking onto the web

Quote Originally Posted by flyingcalypso View Post
    I should have looked here first because I`ve exactly the same problem except that the links works for the first 5 rows. BUT for the first column where I put logos (jpg, png and gif) for the different air mail societies and linked them to respective websites they are working fine, it is the 4th column where the links are text that the links are not working from Row 6 and upwards I`m attaching the file and the page is called societies By Navbar: Links-submenu-air mail societies
    File attached
    Added to my Thread for Xara to jump in.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...960#post620960.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat