Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Premium 365 - Is it worth renewing??

Tried that, wouldn't work, until I sent it to the browser.

Are you working on the same layer as the text?

As in. Is the text on Mouseoff, but you're working on a different layer in the Page and Layer Gallery.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PL.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	15.7 KB 
ID:	126191

Can you advise if you have Run as Administrator?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I had to Google shoogle. I now know shoogle made me shoogle until I Googled.
    shoogle as in Shooglenifty if you ever get the chance to hear themm play
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you all. I have decided NOT to renew my subscription to for Xara Web Designer Premium 365. Here is why?

(1) There are no new updates and I don' think I will ever see an update.
    (2) Having started this thread/discussion a week and half ago, on the other side where I use Mobirise, there has been 4 new templates and already using them. https://mobirise.com/extensions/kit/

I know Xara and Mobirise are different in their respective ways but I think I would really invest where I can get some real updates and my money worths. With Xara (and no offense) I feel like I am throwing my money out the window and getting very little or nothing back.

Also the templates https://www.xara.com/eu/web-designer/templates/ looks old and outdated.This reminds me of Serif WebPlus X8 which I used a lot and extensive until they shutdown and stop supporting Serif WebPlus.

What suprises me is that they can really make an awesome selling website https://www.magix.com/gb/sem/web-designer-premium/ which looks cool and you are tempted to buy/upgrade but that's it. I only wish they could create templates like that.

I am not against Xara, I would still use Xara only if there was more investement/progress.

Thanks

Probably nobody here is against Xara, but we have in our own way all decided that the program has reached the end of the road as far as the vector side of things goes.
    The focus seems to be totally web oriented with exception of juvenile 'smart' stuff. Vector tools are no longer improved - just think of the unholy mess that is the
    Bitmap Tracer, untouched in terms of improvements for as long as I can remember. In all honesty, one might just as well stick with whatever version one has, and jump
    off the merry-go-round now and look elsewhere for new vector programs. For Windows users, there is nothing better unless it is prohibitively expensive (CorelDraw) or a
    subscription option like Illustrator. The alternative is probably the option of buying a mac and using Procreate.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    The alternative is probably the option of buying a mac and using Procreate.
    You would be bitterly disappointed - procreate isn't a vector program and it wouldn't run on the Mac you just bought!

Quote Originally Posted by iamtheblues View Post
    Probably nobody here is against Xara, but we have in our own way all decided that the program has reached the end of the road as far as the vector side of things goes.
    I agree with iamtheblues. I really like a lot about Xara, but I recognize its shortcomings. Now that they're concentrating on the Cloud, which I don't use at all, at the expense of developing their other technologies, the new features from one year to the next are fluff. I have been renewing my subscription every year, but I realize that the others who post here are right... don't renew until they come up with an improvement that is worth the price. But I will definitely continue to use it.

@ Paul - Thanks for that. A few months ago I actually investigated the idea of buying an iPad for the purpose of using Procreate, and decided against it at the time because of the lack of vector tools, but, having the memory of a goldfish these days, it slipped my mind (what's left of it)!
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

remind me, what's a goldfish
    unless it's called wanda....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...