Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Premium 365 - Is it worth renewing??

Look at the identical Thread for the Xara "Mommy" application.

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...annual-licence

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Mobirise looks cool, easy to add blocks. It's similar to XBuilder. It is a pity that XARA can't do it that way, including videos.

P&G 10, 11, 15; XWD Premium 11,15; XDPX 15.1; XDPX 18.5; XDPX 19; XBuilder;

After a 10-year lapse, I am trying to come back to using my Web Designer 10 Premium and I'm having problems with it. I'm trying to revise an old website that I constructed and things are not working as I remember them. Is it not possible to use my software because of its age? I really can't justify upgrading for only one fairly simple website. Do I understand that you are required to operate it on the web now? I spent big bucks (at least big to me) to upgrade each time a new version came out. Can anyone explain if my 10 should still work as it did once, or am I out of luck???

Quote Originally Posted by oldtbone View Post
    After a 10-year lapse, I am trying to come back to using my Web Designer 10 Premium and I'm having problems with it. I'm trying to revise an old website that I constructed and things are not working as I remember them. Is it not possible to use my software because of its age? I really can't justify upgrading for only one fairly simple website. Do I understand that you are required to operate it on the web now? I spent big bucks (at least big to me) to upgrade each time a new version came out. Can anyone explain if my 10 should still work as it did once, or am I out of luck???
    Version 10 still works for me, even on Windows 10.

Try running it once as Administrator to shoogle up the link libraries.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    shoogle up the link libraries.

Acorn
    I had to Google shoogle. I now know shoogle made me shoogle until I Googled.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I had to Google shoogle. I now know shoogle made me shoogle until I Googled.
    shoogle as in Shooglenifty if you ever get the chance to hear themm play
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thank you all. I have decided NOT to renew my subscription to for Xara Web Designer Premium 365. Here is why?

(1) There are no new updates and I don' think I will ever see an update.
    (2) Having started this thread/discussion a week and half ago, on the other side where I use Mobirise, there has been 4 new templates and already using them. https://mobirise.com/extensions/kit/

I know Xara and Mobirise are different in their respective ways but I think I would really invest where I can get some real updates and my money worths. With Xara (and no offense) I feel like I am throwing my money out the window and getting very little or nothing back.

Also the templates https://www.xara.com/eu/web-designer/templates/ looks old and outdated.This reminds me of Serif WebPlus X8 which I used a lot and extensive until they shutdown and stop supporting Serif WebPlus.

What suprises me is that they can really make an awesome selling website https://www.magix.com/gb/sem/web-designer-premium/ which looks cool and you are tempted to buy/upgrade but that's it. I only wish they could create templates like that.

I am not against Xara, I would still use Xara only if there was more investement/progress.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oldtbone View Post
    I'm trying to revise an old website that I constructed and things are not working as I remember them.
    Welcome back.

If you could be more specific then perhaps we can help you. What specifically isn't working?

I was trying to copy a lengthy amount of text, but with the Text tool, it wouldn't let me highlight the text, for one thing. I was trying to copy and paste to another application. I was able to "preview it" by sending the page to a browser, then I was able to highlight and copy from there. I have contracted Macular Degeneration in the past two years, and perhaps it's my vision that's the problem. But, I do recall being able to highlight large amounts of text before with the text tool.

If you want to select all the text in a text box:
    Select the text tool, click anywhere in the text box, press CTRL+A to select all, CTRL+C to copy

If you want to sect a block of text:
    Select the text tool, click at the beginning of the block you want, hold SHIFT and click at the end of the block you want, CTRL+C to copy