Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Using Xara Designer ro X offline

Hi,

I have a client who lives in a region of poor connectivity (like zero!). I would like to use XARA Pro X while on his premises, can this be done? So far the computer say NO!

I am sure this must have been asked before, but I cannot find a solution

Kind regards
    Martin
    'If every step forward takes you two steps backwards - turn round and walk home!'
    'The meaning of your communication is what I understand it to be!' -
    'The meaning of my communication is what you understand it to be' (I hope)

Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0, i7-8700K CPU

Default Re: Using Xara Designer ro X offline

The short answer is you can.
    If you have already installed the application, there will be no problem in creating a design. You can Preview it it, you can Export it to any system, stick, CD-R.
    You won't be able to Publish.

You won't have access to online resources but you can use right-click Download All for the Local Designs gallery folders.

Tell us what your computer is saying.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Currently, the Xara servers are down and I am quite happily building something in the application.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Many thanks, Acorn.

At the location where there is no internet access I have not been able to use XARA. However, immediately I switch on at my home desk where there is Wi-Fi I can use XARA. I cannot remember the message I get when at the remote location, something about no access and not being able to verify the licence. Next time I am there I will note down the exact message.

EDIT:-
    I disconnected the internet and ran XARA again I get the message: It is possible your system's hardware has changed Your licence needs to be checked if you want to carry on using your program without any restrictions...….. Your computer must be able to connect to the internet to do so.

Thanks again, Martin
    Last edited by Riftvalley; 14 January 2020 at 11:21 AM.
    'If every step forward takes you two steps backwards - turn round and walk home!'
    'The meaning of your communication is what I understand it to be!' -
    'The meaning of my communication is what you understand it to be' (I hope)

Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0, i7-8700K CPU

Quote Originally Posted by Riftvalley View Post
    Many thanks, Acorn.

At the location where there is no internet access I have not been able to use XARA. However, immediately I switch on at my home desk where there is Wi-Fi I can use XARA. I cannot remember the message I get when at the remote location, something about no access and not being able to verify the licence. Next time I am there I will note down the exact message.

Thanks again, Martin
    Martin, try at home without the WiFi - save a journey.

Acorn