I run a wide variety of Projects at any one time and may have to jump into any one of them for support.

When I start a Project, I purge the Recent File List with:
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\16\Options\Recent File List]
"FileListSize"=dword:00000014
"File1"=""
"File2"=""
"File3"=""
"File4"=""
"File5"=""
"File6"=""
"File7"=""
"File8"=""
"File9"=""
"File10"=""
"File11"=""
"File12"=""
"File13"=""
"File14"=""
"File15"=""
"File16"=""
"File17"=""
"File18"=""
"File19"=""
"File20"=""
This saved as XPDXv16 - Blank RecentFileList(20).reg.
Do note this is changing MS Windows Registry so do so at your own peril; I usually save off the full Registry or have a rollback in place.

When the Project is mature, or interrupted, I save off Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\16\Options\Recent File List into XDPXv16 - Projectnn RecentFileList(20).reg.
This, and any other Project set up, can be restored at any time.

Suggestion - Can you include File > Open recent > Empty Recent File List; File > Open recent > Save Session Recent File List; File > Open recent > Load Project Recent File List?
These could be MS Windows Registration Files (*.reg) as I am using but it would be safer for you to encode the handling of these data through a bespoke XML schema.

Suggestion - Once you are on a roll, could you do the same for the Multiple-Document Interface (MDI - Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\16\Workspace\MDI) so that we can save off and restore Project Workspaces?

Suggestion - Can we collectively have a discussion about retaining Tools, Bars, Galleries and Dialogs placements?

Acorn