Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Grouping Text and Images

Am I right in assuming that if a separate text line and an image are grouped, they are collectively classed as an image?

Default Re: Grouping Text and Images

That's pretty vague of me, sorry.

As an example. If I have a line of text I've classed as H1 and then group it with an image, the text will lose it's H1 tag?

As an example. If I have a line of text I've classed as H1 and then group it with an image, the text will lose it's H1 tag?
    That would seem to be correct, but you can change the properties of the image to "separate images for group members" and the H1 tag works, as does soft grouping. Alternatively, you can use 'Anchor to text'.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Group Separate Images.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	91.8 KB 
ID:	126093

Thank you. That's the way I understood it to be as well...but never even thought about Anchor to Text. In fact I've never even thought about it at all.

Chris, grouping loses the H1 tagging, the text is added to the combines image Alt property.

Anchoring only works to a Text Column or Text Area initially. A Text Line is not found unless you have created an Anchor to the Column or Area first off.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

My understanding was if everything was Soft Grouped then the Text stayed as Text? I use the Soft Group this way for links with objects like buttons so that Google can follow the link.

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    My understanding was if everything was Soft Grouped then the Text stayed as Text? I use the Soft Group this way for links with objects like buttons so that Google can follow the link. Ray
    Ray, that is a correct assumption. Until..., you spread the link over more than one line (e.g., on a line break). You then get a split hyperlink, which is messy and presents as a poor design, especially with buttons.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat