Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Charts and Graphs - Resizing text

Is it possible to resize the text in the OCC smart charts? I'm trying to use a chart in a video using the Animation part, with the page set to 1920x1080. I can resize the chart widget, but the text stays the same size. I want larger text.

Thanks,
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Default Re: Charts and Graphs - Resizing text

John, is this analysis any use: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...24#post616824?

Which Chart by the way? Area Charts use a different design to Bar Charts. When I resize these the text also grows...

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn,

Thanks for taking a look. The charts I'm looking at are Column Chart Widget, Column Chart2 Widget, Bar Chart Widget, … to Pie Chart Widget.

I see that the others come up with the blue resize handles that everyone seems to dislike but me. So it's just the widgets.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Hi Acorn,
    Thanks for taking a look. The charts I'm looking at are Column Chart Widget, Column Chart2 Widget, Bar Chart Widget, … to Pie Chart Widget.
    I see that the others come up with the blue resize handles that everyone seems to dislike but me. So it's just the widgets.
    John, all of them have the Resize Blue Axes icon, bottom-right.

In the selector tool, with selection Bound Handles on, Alt+Drag on the central controls will keep the fonts at the same scale. If you corner Drag the whole chart (and font) scales. So a combination of both allows any fonts sizing (within reason).

Far better than the "smart" handles.

Acorn

P.S. Have you Run as Administrator to possibly get your Blue handles?
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn,

Strangely, I can't get Xara to run as Admin on my Desktop, only on my Laptop, which has the same problem. Unless Xara updated the widget charts since June, 2019, I can't get the blue handles on the Charts that have Widget in the name. see the video.

https://youtu.be/EGGAkU1X1vw
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Acorn,
    Strangely, I can't get Xara to run as Admin on my Desktop, only on my Laptop, which has the same problem. Unless Xara updated the widget charts since June, 2019, I can't get the blue handles on the Charts that have Widget in the name. see the video.
    https://youtu.be/EGGAkU1X1vw
    Those with Widget in the name use Highcharts.com coding. Therefore they are not Smart in the sense that they do not have Smart handles.

You can only drag the corners to scale.
    You can use CSS to tweak.
    I avoid them and go directly to my account with Cloud HighCharts where I have total latitude to change what I want.

Sorry Xara.

Acorn

Thanks for confirming that the text can't be resized. There is nothing that I really need right now, just good to know. I thought that I was missing some trick.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)