Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Movie Web Designer - auto-update date

I'm new to this program so this is probably very simple.
    I want to add a smell section whick saya "Updated:-" followed by the date picked up from the computer e.g. Updated: - /1/2020.
    BUT I can't find how to do this - help.

Default Re: Movie Web Designer - auto-update date

Richard, you are asking a question that needs further explaining. Welcome to TalkGraphics.

Are you using Xara's Web Designer Premium (XWDP) or Web designer (XWD)? Is this instead a Magix product? Xara doesn't do Movies.

Is this for a web page? If so there is no computer, just a server where it was uploaded to. Are you after this date? This would require JavaScript accessing document.lastModified and representing into your wanted format: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...814#post558814.

Is this for a print page? If so there is no equivalent to a MS Word Macro for current date/print date, etc so you would have to change it manually. Xara's Smart Fields are a long way off such a mechanism.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm using XWD
    It is for a Web page. I just want to automatically insert the current date into the index page somewhere from the editing/source computer.
    I presume there would be a smartfield but cannot find it!

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRudd View Post
    I'm using XWD
    It is for a Web page. I just want to automatically insert the current date into the index page somewhere from the editing/source computer.
    I presume there would be a smartfield but cannot find it!
    Look at the Placeholder code I provided, that is as close to a Smart Field you will get.
    If you Preview, it will always show the current date. It is now use if you wanted to see when you last worked on it; you could use the File Modified in Windows or Xara's Backups or the Last saved entry in the File > Doc Info dialog.
    If you Publish, it will show when it was published. There is no concept of a source computer after this point.
    If you were to print off the index page on separate dates, you would see when you did the print.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat