Honestly, I have made the switch over to the Affinity product line (as I work on a MAC) - and am done paying for Windows / Parallels to run it on my MAC. Affinity has come a long way and it works well for me. It is not as easy to use in some cases as Xara was (and I have used Xara since 1995 when it was Corel). Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher work very well together and allow me to create great graphics, edit photos and make complex documents. Once again - there is a learning curve, but alas the products are affordable and they work on Windows and Mac - and Designer works on iPad. I am exporting all of my Xara work over to these programs and it works well with all the logos and drawings that I have created. These programs are worth trying.

Good luck! The Xara folks will do well using the recurring revenue model of their online software as long as they can maintain market share. To do that, they still have some pretty stiff competition, but the rule of 72's is in their favor as long as their recurring revenue model works with their online product. It really makes more sense for them to pursue that the most as they can support any platform, it is completely web-based and their rates are reasonable. I hope it works out for them.

Hope this helps. Have a great day!