Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default What is the most similar software to Xara Designer Pro that looks good on 4K screens?

Hello

What is the most similar software to Xara Designer Pro, which does have a sharp interface in scaled Windows environments
    e.g. on high resolution 4K screens scaled at say 175%

Thanks

J

Default Re: What is the most similar software to Xara Designer Pro that looks good on 4K scre

I'm afraid there isn't a real replacement for XDP. Its great abilities and ease to work with are, as far as I know, unique.

Default Re: What is the most similar software to Xara Designer Pro that looks good on 4K scre

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I'm afraid there isn't a real replacement for XDP. Its great abilities and ease to work with are, as far as I know, unique.
    I think it's more accurate to say that there's no single-program replacement for Xara.

Xara software used to be simple and easy to use but is that really the case anymore? It may seem simple if you've used it for a while, but I don't think it's as simple as competing software any more, nor is it as capable in some areas either.

I’m doing a lot of photo work lately, and even for photogs Xara is still a program of choice for myself. It’s a program that does most things well, and I don’t find many challenges that stumps it. Thank You Xara.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.

Honestly, I have made the switch over to the Affinity product line (as I work on a MAC) - and am done paying for Windows / Parallels to run it on my MAC. Affinity has come a long way and it works well for me. It is not as easy to use in some cases as Xara was (and I have used Xara since 1995 when it was Corel). Affinity Designer, Affinity Photo and Affinity Publisher work very well together and allow me to create great graphics, edit photos and make complex documents. Once again - there is a learning curve, but alas the products are affordable and they work on Windows and Mac - and Designer works on iPad. I am exporting all of my Xara work over to these programs and it works well with all the logos and drawings that I have created. These programs are worth trying.

Good luck! The Xara folks will do well using the recurring revenue model of their online software as long as they can maintain market share. To do that, they still have some pretty stiff competition, but the rule of 72's is in their favor as long as their recurring revenue model works with their online product. It really makes more sense for them to pursue that the most as they can support any platform, it is completely web-based and their rates are reasonable. I hope it works out for them.

Hope this helps. Have a great day!
    "Wherever you go, there you are."
    Randy Allen

Randy Allen Photography

OK good luck rsallen. To me those programs are slow to load and unlike Xara are not vector.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    I agree with Boy
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    OK good luck rsallen. To me those programs are slow to load and unlike Xara are not vector.
    Affinity Designer, like Xara applications, can mix vector and raster. But it is a vector editor.

I have my reasons to not use AD (or Affinity Publisher and especially Affinity Photo) but as regards vector drawing with Affinity Designer, that isn't one of them.