Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: FTP error: Timeout was reached

Thanks for that suggestion Chris M.
    I tried all three settings available (FTP, FTPS and SFTP) - still timed out.
    I checked to see if my Public IP address was blocked - nope, it's fine.
    I started a new, fresh Xara file/page and punched in all the credentials. Same thing. time out.
    Fasthosts have asked for a log from Xara...via regedit. So they can look closer into the issue.
    Any other thoughts greatly appreciated.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	200109 Xara - Timeout error.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	11.2 KB 
ID:	126075

Apologies sent in error
    Last edited by Teeser; 09 January 2020 at 07:04 PM.

FYI - Tried this, also no joy

PORT NUMBER

Xara will publish to port 22 by default when uploading via SFTP, and 21 for FTPS. This is the default port for secure FTP connections however some hosts may change this for security reasons.

In order to publish to a custom port, simply enter colon and the port number at the end of the FTP address.

CONNECTION DETAILS

Some hosts may have different connection details for SFTP than standard FTP, and others may support one type of secure connection and not the other.

Please confirm with your host what type of secure connection they support and what your details are for it. If you try to connect using the right details, but wrong connection type then it's likely you will receive a timeout or similar error.

Any other thoughts greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Teeser; 09 January 2020 at 07:04 PM.

Not had time to read them in full but may be of help:

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ut-was-reached

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ishing-in-WD9P

https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...hen-publishing

There's more out there, just do a search for www.talkgraphicsDOTcom/ timeout (change DOT to .)
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Not had time to read them in full but may be of help:
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ut-was-reached
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ishing-in-WD9P
    https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...hen-publishing

There's more out there, just do a search for www.talkgraphicsDOTcom/ timeout (change DOT to .)
    Egg, that's a useful collection for others with similar issues.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks Acorn. It's a regular problem peeps seem to stumble across. Maybe if it can be resolved the Mods could make a sticky thread?
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Still, no joy with this FTP timed out error.

Thanks, Egg for the links. Nothing conclusive.

I've noticed that the site also, do not 'Export the Document'.

Normally when you click on Publish to the Web, Xara Exports the Document first (small progress bar pops up in the bottom left of the Xara screen).
    This does not happen any more with any of my sites that got straight to FTP timed out.

I tried loading Xara onto another Windows Machine (connected to the same internet) Same problem.
    Fasthosts, say there is no problem form their side.
    I have a ticket for a Magix Support, so far not a word...
    Any other ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Teeser View Post
    Still, no joy with this FTP timed out error.

Thanks, Egg for the links. Nothing conclusive.

I've noticed that the site also, do not 'Export the Document'.

Normally when you click on Publish to the Web, Xara Exports the Document first (small progress bar pops up in the bottom left of the Xara screen).
    This does not happen any more with any of my sites that got straight to FTP timed out.

I tried loading Xara onto another Windows Machine (connected to the same internet) Same problem.
    Fasthosts, say there is no problem form their side.
    I have a ticket for a Magix Support, so far not a word...
    Any other ideas?
    It will be quicker and more productive if a Mod could flag this for Rob-Xar. He ought to sort things out for you.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Do you have any 3rd party AV suites with a firewall? If so, try temporarily disabling the firewall.

Sent request to Rob.