Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: FTP error: Timeout was reached

Thanks Acorn,

I tried that but did not work. I do not know where to go from here, FileZilla is fine, but direct FTP from XARA is essential fo efficient working.

Surely Xara/Magix should fix this as they have access to the XARA Code. Why else would anyone pay their subscription rate!

This is not the only sudden error and I am about to post another issue that I believe is a programming problem.

I will cancel my subscription as it shows poor coding, and find somethng else.

Sad as I have been using XARA ever since it came on a 4 and a 1/2" floppy.

Kind regards
    Martin
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Timeout error and Registry20000.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	29.2 KB 
ID:	126416  
    'If every step forward takes you two steps backwards - turn round and walk home!'
    'The meaning of your communication is what I understand it to be!' -
    'The meaning of my communication is what you understand it to be' (I hope)

Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0, i7-8700K CPU

Hi Initiostar,
    Apologies for not replying. I was typing on page 5 while your post arrived on page 4.

I will wait a short while (tea time!) and see what replies I get from my last post before posting a XAR doc.

Kind regards
    Martin
    'If every step forward takes you two steps backwards - turn round and walk home!'

Quote Originally Posted by Riftvalley View Post
    Sad as I have been using XARA ever since it came on a 4 and a 1/2" floppy.
    Martin, there will be a fix.

Are you deft enough to understand the returns of the Performance tab of MS Windows Task Manager?
    Timing issues could be a lack of available memory; you could have too many apps stealing TCP connections; Magix could be interfering with its spurious/erroneous monitoring.

I highlighted your quote about as I was amused with the concept of a 4 1/2" floppy (3 1/2" or 5 1/4" or 8").

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

They were 3 1/2". I haven't seen one for years, there were also the Amstrad CD2 ones that were 3.0" (I had the 4 1/2" ones made especially for me!).
    I looked at the task manager, the computer has huge excess capacity, Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0 Mobo, i7-8700K CPU, 16gb RAM, NVIDIA GeFOrce GTX 1070. Plus SSD's for drives C:, E:, F:.

A couple of weeks ago I refreshed the whole system and have only loaded essential programs - so XAR should be rattling around quite freely.

When will there be a fix? I was suprised that this current post seems to have just petered out without a hard fix.

Many thank for your help, will press on with FileZilla.

Martin

Had this problem a couple years ago, got this info from Xara support, and it worked. Involves Registry changes, be careful.

Please follow these steps carefully and only make the advised changes. Making other changes to your registry could cause stability issues with your operating system;

1) Close all Xara programs. (Important! the changes won't be made or have any affect on the program if it is open, and values would be overwritten when you close it.)

2) Go to Start > Run (if you're using Windows Vista or 7 press the Windows key + R) and type regedit then click OK.

3) Navigate to the registry key for the version of program you are using:

64bit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\WebDesignerPremium x64\10\Options\FTPLibcURL

32bit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\WebDesignerPremium \10\Options\FTPLibcURL

4) Change the value ConnectTimeout, LoginTimeout and ResponseTimeout to "20000" (this is the time in miliseconds, so this would be 20 seconds).

Please note this example is for version 10. If you are using a different version you'll need to change the path accordingly.

5) Close the registry and open Xara

Does the problem now appear?

Kindest regards
    Customer Support
    Xara Group Ltd

Hi Ken,

Thank you for your assistance. I have already tried this (and tried again just now) but no luck. No issue at all usinf FileZilla to upload the website, so no problems with the logon details.

I have no idea where to go next as I use XARA a great deal and have always found the program to be very responsive and error free. I have another issue with XARA that I am about to post in this same forum (cannot load website in XARA X).

Kind regards and will keep trying
    Martin

Quote Originally Posted by Riftvalley View Post
    Hi Ken,

Thank you for your assistance. I have already tried this (and tried again just now) but no luck. No issue at all usinf FileZilla to upload the website, so no problems with the logon details.

I have no idea where to go next as I use XARA a great deal and have always found the program to be very responsive and error free. I have another issue with XARA that I am about to post in this same forum (cannot load website in XARA X).

Kind regards and will keep trying
    Martin
    Martin, this is possibly one for Dear (Rob-)Xar(a). I will try and flag it for him.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Martin,

If Filezilla works but Xara doesn't then it'll boil down to either there's a problem with the settings or credentials (for example if its a secure server, are you setting the correct protocol and port?) or something is deliberately blocking Xara (such as a security program).

The first scenario is usually more likely however. I can try out your settings for you if you wish and work out what is going wrong, you can email me at robert@xara.com

Thanks
    Rob

Hi all,
    I think that I have solved the problem.

It appears that 1&1 now only use SFTP. Wheras in the past I could sign in to Xara using ftp and my local website address, for example:- anaddress.co.uk. I cannot now do this.

If I am using FileZilla then my host name now has the form sftp:// abcd123456789.1and1-data.host and I open my whole webspace under my username and password. I can then navigate, as usual, to the folder/files I wish to transfer.

If I am using XARA I need to specify SFTP(SSH-FTP) and put the correct hostname, in the form abcd123456789.1and1-data.host (without sftp:// in front), then Password, and sub-folder and the Website URL as I would type it into a browser.

Apparently, talking to 1&1 it is possible to set a specific SFTP username and password to go directly to the correct folder, but this seems a bit too much of a faff to me so I prefer one login and a navigate (not necessary with XARA as I can set the sub-folder).

So nothing is wrong with XARA or 1&1 it is just that SFTP is used rather than ftp (I don't recall any communication from 1&1 to say that things had changed.

Many thanks forall your help
    Martin

PS
    If I,try to use ftp with FileZilla I get the warning:
    "This server does not support ftp over TLS.
    If you continue, your password and files will be sent in clear over the internet etc. etc......."

M

@RiftValley, a statement on a solution is always most welcome.

Acorn