Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default FTP error: Timeout was reached

Hi. I have had Xara Web Designer for over 10 years.
    I have just upgraded to Version 16
    I have not changed any of my settings, now I get FTP time out every time I try to upload my site.
    I know its not the FPT credentials, I have uploaded the site via Filezilla.
    Can't imagine what's going wrong.
    Please help.
    I was working just fine...
    Thanks, David

Default Re: FTP error: Timeout was reached

I haven't got a answer for you but will be watching for answered as I have the same problem and always assumed it was because I have a really slow internet connection

I get the same. I think it is from a slow server. Are you using Xara hosting?

David - Has this just started happening since you went with Web Designer 16?

Also check you're running as Administrator.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

David, as described, this can be nothing to do with Xara as you are using Filezilla.

Are you therefore exporting to the same folder? Does that folder have the right permissions?

When Filezilla is connected, can you see both the local filestore folder and the server destination files?
    Have you updated Filezilla recently?

If you have upgraded, do you still have the prior version installed? Does this still work with Filezilla?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Dear All, thanks for your thoughts.
    I have a really fast internet connection. Virgin
    I am using Fasthosts - have done for years.
    I also have a site which is hosted by GoDaddy. Now, the FTP with that is okay...
    This issue happened before 16 upgrade. I thought by upgrading it, it might 'clear' the blockage!
    Running as administrator? Tried that, makes no difference
    Filezilla. I actually exported the whole site from Xara to HTML. Then separately upload the site via Filezilla FTP.
    Any more thoughts, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeser View Post
    Dear All, thanks for your thoughts.
    I have a really fast internet connection. Virgin
    I am using Fasthosts - have done for years.
    I also have a site which is hosted by GoDaddy. Now, the FTP with that is okay...
    This issue happened before 16 upgrade. I thought by upgrading it, it might 'clear' the blockage!
    Running as administrator? Tried that, makes no difference
    Filezilla. I actually exported the whole site from Xara to HTML. Then separately upload the site via Filezilla FTP.
    Any more thoughts, much appreciated.
    So the issue is with your Filezilla setup. You need to check what the credentials and path are with your provider.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Acorn, apologies it's not Filezilla, I used WinSCP.
    Not sure how this changes to issue of Xara time outing.
    I exported the Xara site to HTML (onto my desktop)
    Then using the exact same FTP credentials updated the site. This is more a sort of backup, plan B way of updating my site.
    I'd still prefer the use the more direct approach, ie uploading updates in XARA
    I have had a word with Fasthosts to see if they have done anything to their FTP system.
    As it's the same issue with all of my sites hosted by Fasthosts.
    I have other sites that I design on Xara and then upload via FTP to GoDaddy. These work fine and do not give the Time out error.
    Many thanks

If using 3rd party FTP software works, and Xara works with different ISP, then it figures that the settings in Xara for Fasthosts are incorrect. Have you tried different security settings?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara FTP.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	126065