Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: FTP error: Timeout was reached

Typically the timeout isn't the time taken for the whole upload, it's the time taken to establish communication, so the size of the upload is irrelevant.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

But it has already uploaded say 23% so communication is already established.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRudd View Post
    My experience exactly... It would begin... appear to be uploading established connection as you said) and then..... TIME-OUT...

I don't pretend to understand... I'm just saying what I experienced... and it was my ISP. That's all.

thats a [ often somewhat arbitary] measure of the whole process which, as ss-kalm pointed out, begins with trying to establish a connrection... if that fails after a certain number of tries/time, it will timeout, and could well be showing at [say] 23% depending on how long the failed attempt took measured [ again not necessarily accurately] against what was expected

I'd agree with Rob-Xar and others, it's most likely a security issue, either firewall or other setting, that could be on your computer/network[router], or your host, or your ISP
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

When you do a full web site preview, where does Xara put the files? I wondered whether they could be uploaded with FileZilla which has never let me down. At the moment I have been using File - publish website....

When you do a full web site preview, where does Xara put the files? I wondered whether they could be uploaded with FileZilla which has never let me down. At the moment I have been using File - publish website....
    Xara creates a folder in %localappdata%/Temp/; instead, you just perform a Website Export and FTP that folder's contents.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

If you are going to use FileZilla Use Website export, I export to folder on my desktop called website easy to find and all files are right there to upload

Hi Guys,
    Did anyone find a solution?

I am now getting "FTP error: Timeout was reached".

I have been uploading several websites (in one case for a number of years) with no problem. I cannot update my websites, which are time critical as they involve sending ut dates and times of events.

I use IONOS (used to be 1&1) there tech help could not solve the issue. This issue renders the whole of XARA useless for my purposes so a solution is critical.

I can export the website to a folder and that works just fine, so presumably the problem is upstream of the physical process of XARA creating the code.

I loaded the exported files to the server using Filezilla - no problem. So somethinng diferent between and the ISP (1&1)

Help please!
    Martin
    Last edited by Riftvalley; 25 February 2020 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Result of exporting the files and upload with FileZilla
    'If every step forward takes you two steps backwards - turn round and walk home!'
    'The meaning of your communication is what I understand it to be!' -
    'The meaning of my communication is what you understand it to be' (I hope)

Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0, i7-8700K CPU