Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: FTP error: Timeout was reached

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Sent request to Rob.
    Cheers Gary.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Hi Teeser, can you follow the instructions below and send me the log file when you have it? (PM probably is easiest). I can reply here again after receiving the log file

1) Close Xara - Important! (effects of below will not take effect if the program is open)

2) Go to start, type "run" and press enter. Type "regedit" and press enter.

3) On the left hand side, please navigate to the following key:

64bit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\WebDesignerPremium x64\16\Options\Publish

4) Right-click on the Value "FTPTrace" > Edit > Change the value to "1".

5) Close the register then open this program and keep it running: http://live.sysinternals.com/Dbgview.exe

6) Run Xara and try to publish again. Debugview will capture information, when it times out, please go to File > Save as and send me the log file so we can see what is happening?

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Cheers Gary.

Acorn
    Hi Rob, as requested. Tried attaching and RTF file, this system didn't like it... Link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rznycobnd...6-Log.rtf?dl=0

Many thanks, David

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Hi Teeser, can you follow the instructions below and send me the log file when you have it? (PM probably is easiest). I can reply here again after receiving the log file

1) Close Xara - Important! (effects of below will not take effect if the program is open)

2) Go to start, type "run" and press enter. Type "regedit" and press enter.

3) On the left hand side, please navigate to the following key:

64bit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\WebDesignerPremium x64\16\Options\Publish

4) Right-click on the Value "FTPTrace" > Edit > Change the value to "1".

5) Close the register then open this program and keep it running: http://live.sysinternals.com/Dbgview.exe

6) Run Xara and try to publish again. Debugview will capture information, when it times out, please go to File > Save as and send me the log file so we can see what is happening?

Thanks
    Rob
    Hi Rob, as requested. Tried attaching and RTF file, this system didn't like it... Link below

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2rznycobnd...6-Log.rtf?dl=0

Many thanks, David

Thank you for your log file. Can you try the below and see if that helps?

1) Close all Xara programs. (Important! the changes won't be made or have any affect on the program if it is open, and values would be overwritten when you close it.)

2) Go to Start > Run and type regedit then click OK.

3) Navigate to the registry key for the version of program you are using:

64bit: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Xara\WebDesignerPremium x64\16\Options\FTPLibcURL

4) Change the value ConnectTimeout, LoginTimeout and ResponseTimeout to "20000" (this is the time in miliseconds, so this would be 20 seconds).

5) Close the registry and open Xara

Does the problem now appear?

Thanks
    Rob

Hi Rob, I changed: LoginTimeout and ResponseTimeout to "20000".

No difference still timed out on FTP.

An interesting thing.
    I loaded Xara onto another machine (iMac Using Parallels)
    Using my Virgin Broadband on wifi - Same issue - Timed Out

Using my EE (Hotspot wifi frim Phone) - Worked Perfectly

Tried using my EE Wifi on my Main Win10 PC - Timed out

Thought please... Tks

I just spent a long time with this same timeout problem. I finally got it fixed after using the process of elimination. What I ended up doing was to delete the webhost ftp account I set up and created another one, but with the EXACT SAME SETTING. Now it works (so far). It seems to have been some hidden glitch in the ftp account set up.

The way I got to this solution was to use another ftp account at the same host, and I kept all the other details unchanged. Same PW, same subdirectory, same server-host. That worked. So there was no other option. That's when I just deleted the first ftp account and set it up fresh. So although nothing visible changed, it's working right now.

The optional sub-folder aspect isn't explained too clearly, but on Bluehost for an addon domain, I have to enter in the sub-folder box: /public_html/(folder name).

Ah sorry for the delay, caught up in lots and lots of stuff lately.

Interesting it worked from your phone and not broadband, could possibly mean something local to your network is blocking the upload, such as a firewall..

I have seen very occasionally an ISP block certain IP's, maybe if all else fails could contact them to check if its blocked

I'm new to Xara Web Designer and have the same fault when uploading to GoDaddy. I wondered whether it is possible to upload pages individually or in small groups; the theory being they would be uploaded before being timed-out. And will they work after individually being uploaded? Is there anyone with any relevant experience out there?

Typically the timeout isn't the time taken for the whole upload, it's the time taken to establish communication, so the size of the upload is irrelevant.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.