Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Default Re: FTP error: Timeout was reached

Hello,

I have just joined this group, I hope someone can help resolve my problem. I have been a user of Xara Web Designer and Xara Photo and Graphic Designer for many years. I am using Xara Web Designer 10 Premium up to date version, recently when uploading my files (ftp) I get the Message "Cannot Resolve Host" suggestions are check your log in details are correct, which is fine but they were embedded in the document anyway and worked before. I use another older HTML program and this connects with no issues. I disabled my Firewall but this does nothing to help. Interestingly I run an XP machine that has an earlier version of Photo & Graphic designer which has the facility to publish web pages using this my upload was successful. Has there been some software upgrade that has caused this? If so is anything being done to resolve it.

Regards AlanE user of Xara software since Artworks Days
    Last edited by AlanE; 23 May 2020 at 03:12 PM.

Welcome to TG Alan, not far away from me.

It's a subject that pops-up fairly frequently in the forums and I can't remember if there's single issue fix. The one that I occasionally come across that causes this error is the 'Connect Using' field. If I leave it as FTP I get an instant Time Out error. If I set it to FTPS it works a treat, but then as my server is on a https this would seem obvious. Try messing with this and the quickest way to check is use the 'Explore Web Space' button.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	export.png 
Views:	63 
Size:	20.8 KB 
ID:	127061  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks for the welcome. My real problem is not the timeout but getting connected. When I click "ExploreWeb Space" I just get the same message as before Failed to reslove Server. My Other Web host settings does not have the option of FTPS. Befroe sending this I had another look at everything. I pulled up another page and reentered my login details I think I had been perpetuating an error because I was able to upload ........ sigh of relief.

Thanks for your advice it did make me think I could not see the forest for trees!

I am sure I will be back with other issues I do not even know about.

Yes you are not far way.

Alan

Glad you got it sorted Alan.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host