Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thumbs down XaraXine 07 - New Templates > e-Books

Dear Xara Cloud...

Q: When is an e-Book not an e-Book?
    A: When it is created in a Xara Cloud e-Book Template. (Arguably, as it is electronic and can be viewed on screen makes it, by definition, an e-Book, just one you couldn't market).

Basically, I can Download to PDF or Offline Presentation or publish to HTML.
    Nowhere is there any guidance as to ensure the output aligns with Open Book or EPUB formats with Manifest and TOCs, necessarily require for actual publishing.

The Templates are as wildly sized as A4. I have to use Custom settings.
    Fonts are not constrained.

An e-Book Filter has been asked for repeatedly for the Xara Desktop applications.
    Even explaining the best format for import into Kindle Create or other tool would be a start.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: XaraXine 07 - New Templates > e-Books

+1

Also very interested to see a Kindle & ePub compliant template for Xara DP+ and Cloud users.

ojibwe - Have you looked at Kindle Create? https://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Create/b?node=18292298011 I have used this to create ebook versions of paperback books I have created and published through KDP. I have also used Kindle Create to create color image books and it also does a good job though the Look Inside feature on Amazon leaves much to be desired.