Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Lightbulb Menu press for File > Open recent

Dear Xara...

Some user are limited in the ability to operate a mouse and rely on keypresses.

A small UI improvement for File > Open recent menu keypresses:
    As there is the setting in XDPX to have up to 20 recent files listed, to open the second requires Alt-F-R-2-Enter & the 20th is Alt-F-R-2-0.
    Suggestion - If you change the 20th to trigger on the zero, you have Alt-F-R-0 and the second then shortens to Alt-F-R-2.

The Recent files value is set in Utilities > Options > General > Recent files.
    Bug - If you input a number outside 1 to 20, a Warning pop-up appears. The Help buttons open the Help contents file into the Help menu page, which is meaningless in this context; it should open at Index: Recent files.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Menu press for File > Open recent

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    ... If you change the 20th to trigger on the zero, you have Alt-F-R-0 and the second then shortens to Alt-F-R-2.
    Based on that, how would you trigger the 10th file?
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Based on that, how would you trigger the 10th file?
    Keith, Alt-F-R-1-Enter gets you the tenth; Alt-F-R-Enter, the first.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I must admit, that I'm not following your numbering logic. Which by extension would make it a lot more awkward even though you save a couple of keystrokes. There's little point saving a couple of keystrokes, if you open the wrong file and have to do it all again.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    I must admit, that I'm not following your numbering logic. Which by extension would make it a lot more awkward even though you save a couple of keystrokes. There's little point saving a couple of keystrokes, if you open the wrong file and have to do it all again.
    It is not my numbering logic, it is how MS Windows works but also how Xara has applied it. The number one is overloaded as after Alt-F-R, a repeated press of 1 will cycle round (1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 15,16, 17, 18, 19). as Xara has overloaded 2 and 20 needlessly, also get a mini-cycle of (2, 20). Zero is not used at all so by replace the two in twenty with the zero, you make the saving. You then balance out the keypresses to at most five.I should have said the tenth (also) works with Alt-F-R-1-0 and the twentieth is Alt-F-R-0. (1, 2, [2]0) require the Enter key, 3-19 just the digits.

Acorn