Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs up Re: Xara Designer Pro X 16 issues

Quote Originally Posted by ernie-f View Post
    I have always been annoyed that I have to reconfigure my toolbars after every update or reinstallation.

Since XDP X v10, this is no longer the case or it is therefore faster to configure.
    The Xara toolbars are stored in the registry under Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Xara\XtremePro x64\16\BarsNormal.

Attachment 126041

I exported them from XDP X v10 the first time and with every update or installation, I restored the values.
    If a version change occurs, be sure to replace the version in the old file with the new one.

Attachment 126042

Not all tools will be back where they were or where other tools can also appear in toolbars that you do not want to have there.
    That's why I always take a screen shot of the current version. The rest is then done with a few clicks.
    Important: make a Registry BackUp of the current settings again for future.
    ernie, that is a useful approach to remember. Pity Xara can't set it up for us.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro X 16 issues

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    ernie, that is a useful approach to remember. Pity Xara can't set it up for us.

Acorn
    Acorn, You are so right!