Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Album Cover WIP (Warning: Cringy Content/Mild Violence)

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    An conversely, not knowing of ABYSS, I picked up on it immediately.

I use layers quite a bit in my CAD work, and only sometimes in my Graphics. I tend to use groups more than layers, but really should use layers more. They give a lot of control over a finished product.
    Your sentiments are mine. I feel like it's a case by case basis whether groups or layers are more appropriate. I like having both at my disposal. I think the 'professional' consensus is layers, but I just find groups, in general, are much more flexible to deal with. It's mostly when you have an image that is literally just a couple of elements that layers become more appropriate. This particular piece, layers were more appropriate: the logo, the face, the hand, those were the layers. In most of my works, groups work much easier for me because the elements interplay a lot more.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Quote Originally Posted by gray View Post
    Now that gets your attention hseiken. Who's the femme fatale?
    Femme fatle? Voldemorte? I guess? The hand is of a person who's not on the level in modern society, so nails...i felt was a good way of conveying 'evil' or 'not normal'. It's a societal reflection so...it's not a necessarily a woman, but I've never met or talked to abyss so maybe Abyss is a lady? I have no idea...
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

We'll keep it a secret.

Is the word abyss a font or did you hand-draw it? I do like it and have been wondering.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Is the word abyss a font or did you hand-draw it? I do like it and have been wondering.
    The only font used is the label-maker font. All other lettering is by hand.