Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Album Cover WIP (Warning: Cringy Content/Mild Violence)

So I'm working on a cover for an album which is mostly dark jungle/dnb. It's called Amen Formulation and I thought, for some reason, of Dark City while listening to it and that lead me into the current concept, where the 'formulation' is injected into the listener for maximum impact. Of course, since it's dark, it's forceful, and thus the listener is bound and then given the 'formula' directly into their ear via syringe. I used some references from Dark City, mostly the syringe which is currently unshaded/finished at the moment.

At any rate, I thought some people would enjoy this.

This is about 4 hours of work on this particular iteration. Obviously, I spent a few hours kicking around ideas and doing sketches before settling on this.

Peace!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip 2.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	132.7 KB 
ID:	126035

Edit: I also wanted to note, this is the first piece I've actually used layers on. Normally I think of an image as just one big drawing, but this one I decided to try thinking of it in 'elements' rather than just a lot of shapes/groups. I'm not sure I enjoy working with layers over simply creating groups, but it's a little helpful in quickly isolating things I want to work on/making selections. Just thought I'd mention that. I'm not sure how many other people use layers extensively.
    See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Default Re: Album Cover WIP (Warning: Cringy Content/Mild Violence)

Hmm? I like it in a perverse sort of way.

Now that gets your attention hseiken. Who's the femme fatale?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web front.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	150.2 KB 
ID:	126045

Name:	web back.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	90.7 KB 
ID:	126046

Name:	label b.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	105.3 KB 
ID:	126047

Name:	label a.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	85.9 KB 
ID:	126048

....and done. I didn't have time to do all the stuff i wanted to for the back, such as ominous chains and other restrictive devices hanging off the top of the background, some spilled chemicals on the table, etc., but the main idea is still there.

See my some of artwork and hear some of my music at www.kniteforcerevolution.com

Despite a lot of looking, it took me a long time to decode ABYSS; to me, the AB part is too tangled.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

"Normally I think of an image as just one big drawing"
    I'm with you there hseiken but layers do have their advantages.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Despite a lot of looking, it took me a long time to decode ABYSS; to me, the AB part is too tangled.

Acorn
    Yeah, it is, but in this case, I know the audience and they'll already know it's Abyss. One of the freedoms you get with artistic license when you're not worrying about that too much. Plus, the revised back side has info like, 'All tracks written and produced by Abyss' etc. If this were any other project, I'd not have even done graff at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

Acorn

Acorn has a good point. I also find abyss difficult.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    "Normally I think of an image as just one big drawing"
    I'm with you there hseiken but layers do have their advantages.
    Lately I'm finding it useful to make a layer and lock it with a hand drawn image from paper with 30% transparency above the actual image I'm vectoring. I do typically, though, just immediately group things a lot once they get locked down/finalized, but one of the advantages to layers I found is I don't have to waste a lot of effort drawing things behind stuff... Might use it a little more for this reason. I still like making entire image one layer in general, but for some things, it seems to have some advantages.

An conversely, not knowing of ABYSS, I picked up on it immediately.

I use layers quite a bit in my CAD work, and only sometimes in my Graphics. I tend to use groups more than layers, but really should use layers more. They give a lot of control over a finished product.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.