Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default H1 tags and variants duplicating them?

Hi all
    May I ask something about a possible "variant duplication" issue? Every seo test that's been done on my site mentions that my H1 tags are duplicated (because they are used in both variants). I went through my mobile version and changed the H1 tags to 'no style' - this now shows in reports as all being fine and dandy. My question is this, will this somehow penalise my mobile site in terms of search engine ranking? Is that even possible to do, to penalise one variant ?
    Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
    Thanks

Default Re: H1 tags and variants duplicating them?

Quote Originally Posted by forresthowie View Post
    Hi all
    May I ask something about a possible "variant duplication" issue? Every seo test that's been done on my site mentions that my H1 tags are duplicated (because they are used in both variants). I went through my mobile version and changed the H1 tags to 'no style' - this now shows in reports as all being fine and dandy. My question is this, will this somehow penalise my mobile site in terms of search engine ranking? Is that even possible to do, to penalise one variant ?
    Thanks for any help anyone can give me.
    Thanks
    If you keep the Variant H1 and change the associated text a little, does your SEO still bitch?

If so concerned use H2 for Variants.

Personally, I would think Google's ranking is capable of identifying a hidden H1 tag from a visible one and that SEO checkers are just there to chase gullible money from people.

By the way, if your H1 heading is split over several lines, the Xara HTML filter generates separate H1 lines, regardless of duplication in Variants! (Another for @Xara).

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat