Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
Thanks for the feedback - definitely will take onboard these comments -especially the pure white background.

maybe a couple of points to make on the comments - in regard to the ironwork site - whatever we are doing it sure works well from an SEO point - we turn away about 70% of the leads it generates because it generates so much business and we consistently get comments from new customers saying how the appearance and content of the site were what made them contact us and not our competitors.
OK, that seems like a good result, but not what I would have expected.

loading time- again never mentioned and various SEO tools rank it very well on that score. so not sure why slow loading is being encountered. we still need to do alt text on most images but most are optimised -doing that will further improve SEO
I'd expect your SEO to be good because of the volume of text and repetition. I took the time to look again and the sites have perfectly reasonable load times and looking at site 1, no large images, so I don't know why it took so long when I looked yesterday.

In regard to amount of text and content - this site ranks through the roof, so we wont change a formula that seems to be working so well. At the end of the day it's how much business it generates that matters.
If it's working, then fine. The success of a website doesn't just depend on how it looks - if it generates more work than you can cope with that may say more about supply and demand in your area and the quality of the work that you do.

Even though the diabetes site gets favourable comments on appearance, it ranks badly and we plan to add a lot of content in a way that still allows quick reading / skimming but has links to more in depth info for those who want it and to boost rankings.

Appreciate you taking the time to look over and comment Paul.
Good luck and I'm glad I haven't upset you. It's shocking to see the extent of the fires in Australia right now, so be safe and I hope the situation improves very soon.