Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: 2 Recently updated websites- looking for comments

Hi everyone, this is Lisa. I'm the graphic designer who created www.reversediabetes.com.au and have been busy tweaking and finessing the files for a while now. Thanks for all the feed back. I have just done some further changes taking on board some of the comments. I'll explore the off white background option too.
    The main change has been the blog page. Interested to hear feedback on how this is working. I also removed the drop down sub menu on the About Us page but have left links to the sub pages on the page itself. All feedback welcome. Cheers, Lisa.

When returning to the main Blog page, maybe use a named object (the top blog speech bubble for example) and link to that rather than the top of the page?

Also, that blue, square Facebook icon that's just plonked on the lime and orange header. Please, for all that's sacred, kill it; it's painful.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    When returning to the main Blog page, maybe use a named object (the top blog speech bubble for example) and link to that rather than the top of the page?

Also, that blue, square Facebook icon that's just plonked on the lime and orange header. Please, for all that's sacred, kill it; it's painful.

Thanks Chris- might run with your idea on using a named object and yes, that Facebook icon is an eyesore that we'll put on our 'to do' list. Good to have outside feedback as we get too close to it sometimes and don't see the bleeding obvious. cheers, John

Quote Originally Posted by jackb View Post
    Thanks Chris- might run with your idea on using a named object and yes, that Facebook icon is an eyesore that we'll put on our 'to do' list. Good to have outside feedback as we get too close to it sometimes and don't see the bleeding obvious. cheers, John
    I can definitely identify with getting too close, we all do. I reckon just dropping the FB icon onto the menu bar would stop it being so jarring if you want to keep the original blue.

Hi John, its Abi. I notice you have many page titles on the wrought iron site that are exactly the same. You will need to change them as google will penalise you for having duplicate titles/content. Perhaps change them to the other ones we created many years ago? It will also give you more opportunities to have several pages on page one at the same time. I remember when you had position 1, 2 and 3 for most of your keyword searches. If you dont have them anymore I can send them to you. I like your diabetes site. Well done! Cheers, Abi

Quote Originally Posted by Abikadabra View Post
    Hi John, its Abi. I notice you have many page titles on the wrought iron site that are exactly the same. You will need to change them as google will penalise you for having duplicate titles/content. Perhaps change them to the other ones we created many years ago? It will also give you more opportunities to have several pages on page one at the same time. I remember when you had position 1, 2 and 3 for most of your keyword searches. If you dont have them anymore I can send them to you. I like your diabetes site. Well done! Cheers, Abi
    Hi Abi,
    good to hear from you and thanks for the feedback on the site. I'll check those page titles and see whats going on. Whatever is happening with google, we are getting a huge amount of business from the website. If you are ever considering coming out of website work retirement and looking for website work, drop us a line. Feel free to send the titles through that you have. Cheers, John

Hi John. I have emailed you the info. Cheers, Abi