Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jotform

Default Re: jotform

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I've never used Jot Form, so you're on your own with that bit. However, in regard to Placeholders in general, and Blocks, I can offer opinions.

In the attached example, I have used a blank Freestyle Block and unceremoniously dumped a pink rectangle into said Block. The rectangle is the Placeholder. A Placeholder acts like a window in a train. You look out, and the countryside passes by. The countryside is another webpage, the train window is the placeholder.

To gain a feel for how Placeholders work, I suggest opening the project file and taking note of the coloured text in the code. Red is the source (countryside), blue is the size of your Placeholder (train window), and the green is a description and isn't important.

The red and green are self-explanatory, but the blue needs a quick explanation.
    The slideshow size is set to a percentage - the Placeholder (train window) will change size to whatever you make it, but the source (countryside) will retain its original size.
    The Google Maps size is in pixels - the size of the Placeholder (train window) is largely irrelevant, as the code dictates the size. Add the Google code and make the Placeholder 200x200, and you'll see what I mean.

>>> Attachment 134943 <<<
    Great analogy -- thanks for the explanation! I originally set up the contact form on my site using the Jotform widget; sounds like I should abandon that entirely in favor of the placeholder solution. Correct?

Also, I seem to recall encountering someone being advised elsewhere on here that a different form should be used on each variant (in my case, I have the main site, and the mobile variant which is apparently auto-generated). Is that still the case?

Default Re: jotform

Quote Originally Posted by diablosandwich View Post
    Great analogy -- thanks for the explanation! I originally set up the contact form on my site using the Jotform widget; sounds like I should abandon that entirely in favor of the placeholder solution. Correct?

Also, I seem to recall encountering someone being advised elsewhere on here that a different form should be used on each variant (in my case, I have the main site, and the mobile variant which is apparently auto-generated). Is that still the case?
    It's horses for courses. I use a Placeholder because I can make the separate page, and then forget about it.

It also eliminates the need for a different form for each variant. I make the form to suit the mobile variant, create the Placeholder, then copy/paste into the main variant. My default tactic is to place office times, or map, just something at the side to fill the gap left by the thinner form.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Form Main.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	94.0 KB 
ID:	134947 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Form Mobile.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	51.7 KB 
ID:	134948