Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Stereogram for the New Year

Sorry Gary, tried your method still can't see it,just a blur. I think I am just too literal or something!

Took me years before I could view them but finally using the method described by Gary I eventually got there. The trick is to stay unfocused, it's so easy to think you're seeing something and refocus. Don't refocus, just keep slowly moving your head away from the image.

And as the stereo say's 'Peace' to you all.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Don't refocus, just keep slowly moving your head away from the image.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Meme Shocked.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	11.4 KB 
ID:	126020

No, no, no, Chris. You've got to move your head back but keep your eyes in their original position.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stereo-viewing.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	8.5 KB 
ID:	126021  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You always give the best tutorials, Egg.

Egg

Tried Eggs approach no matter how hard I tried when I moved my head back my eyes came with it I just couldn't get the eyes to stay behind.

The stereogram has a repeat pattern. If you put your index finger in front of the image and focus on the image you will be aware of two index fingers. Move your hand until the two indexes cover the same part of the repeat.
    Then refocus on your index finger, the stereogram is then set up. Remove your hand.

I doubt if this is the proper way.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I doubt if this is the proper way.
    If it works, it is the right way. :-) Just like Xara, there is always more than one way to accomplish something.

I understood the instructions. I complied with the instructions. My eyes completely overrides the direct command of my brain and snaps the focus back on the picture.

Tried several times. Ended up trimming my finger nails as all I achieved was to notice the were getting long.

I'll try again tomorrow.