Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: To Do List

Default To Do List

I understand that updates can't be rolled out on a weekly basis, but a progress list would be nice. Nothing fancy, a simple step by step format would be great.

• Sent to developers
    • Rejected
    • In development
    • Included in next update

As it is, I tend to see a flurry of activity around a certain problem or concern, then nothing. A few months later the same thing pops up and another round of the same activity. I'm reminded of a bunch of 6 year olds playing football.

It would make difficult reading to post such on a forum thread, but you have hosting, website creation tools and Smart Tables. You tell us how easy it is to collaborate with Teams, why not use the tools you have?

Default Re: To Do List

For as long as I have used Xara (1996) they have never shared what will be in the next release. So, probably not going to happen. But FWIW:

+1

I think they (Xara or Magix, not sure who's who really) are displaying bad marketing in several ways. If I was looking for software, which I do on a regular basis, and I'm not a brand fanboi, I wouldn't be drawn to the Xara range when trawling through this forum. A lot of repeat posts are about nag screens, users not updating due a lack of interest and unresolved errors.

If there was a response along the lines of 'this-is-what-we're-doing' it would go a long way to negate the ill feelings, even if the response isn't all sunshine and honey.

On a selfish note, I'm only using Xara for the web abilities and I prefer Xara to all the other options I've played with. I don't see myself doing anything different unless something completely new and magical appears. The same applies to all the software I have loaded.

I'm just saying that if I was looking to change my current software, or was starting out, TG would leave me somewhat confused. It's a great source of knowledge based on software everyone appears to complain about.

Xara logs its work using Jira. This has all of the suggested statuses and summary reporting is trivial.

Updates can be publishes and they would be in real time.
    Bugs could be published directly into Jira and sentenced but I fear Magix is the bottleneck here.
    At least, as I have a Xara Cloud subscription with a free XDPX, my raising of defects and issues goes to Xara directly.

Happy to advise Xara further.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat