Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Copy/paste Special

I'm a Serif WebPlus user that is looking for an alternative and currently in a trial period for Xara Webdesign Premium. As I try different things, I am having problems getting my Excel data to display in Webdesign. I have tried copy/paste and that works fine (actually, it looks terrific), with colors, fill, lines, everything looks great. That takes care of static data just fine.

What I am used to in WP is using copy/paste special, which allows me to place any amount of cells onto a page and whenever the excel file is changed, that data is updated in WP. I've tried a few things, including highlighting a section of cells and saving as a web page file (.html), then tried to link that file on to a page, but was unsuccessful.

Please advise as to what I am doing wrong - I'm pretty sure WebDesign will allow me to do this, I'm just not finding the correct combination.

Apologize if this is already covered in another post, but I did numerous searches and was unable to fine a solution.

Thanks in advance,
    \Phil

Info Re: Copy/paste Special

Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Copy/paste Special

Thanks Acorn.