Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skyrocket WIP

Default Re: Skyrocket WIP

Gary does very good tuts and is a good way to learn the software, Joe.
    Have added some detail and colour to the fuselage and tail using fills and transparencies, Will continue on the fuselage till I get the effect I want.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skyrocket WIP5.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	47.4 KB 
ID:	126028  

It's thanks to Gary that I have buttons and logo for my website, just wish I could find that tutorial again as I did a stupid thing and turned them into bitmaps then deleted the originals so now all I have are the bitmaps and need the tut to recreate them. But yes I have learned from several people here on TG. But probably from Gary the most, its too bad he no longer does it but at least we have him here helping out.

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsyjoe View Post
    its too bad he no longer does it but at least we have him here helping out.
    I totally agree.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Gray, you didn't mention how you do the clouds and landscape below personally I find that fastScribble January 2020 fenating.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Gray, you didn't mention how you do the clouds and landscape below personally I find that fasenating.
    Sorry Gray I did it again this is how it should read.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Larry, I don't do the cloud work on TG since it's a mix of vector and digital painting. I try to just show vectors for any WIP.
    More work done on the engine cowlings using linear fills and transparencies, also added a tail wheel. Next will come more detailing on the fuselage. I also enlarged the drawing slightly.

Name:	Skyrocket WIP6.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	48.4 KB 
ID:	126036  

Is the wire frame layer still in use or have you now deleted it ?

The wire frame is on it's own layer. Once I draw the basic shape I turn that layer off making it invisible Joe. I then use reference pics I've loaded on their own layer to refine, refine, refine my rough drawing until it comes as close to the actual plane as I can make it.
    The wire frame just gives me the ability to show the plane at the attitude I want. In the aviation illustration world, if your drawings don't match the actual aircraft you will get slagged big time.
    If you don't want to make your own 3D objects Joe there are lots of free ones on line. The free 3D program Sketchup has a lot of free 3D objects you can download and use.

I am not talented enough to even try what you do Gray, just very curious. Don't be surprised with any silly question I come up with for you.

Any time I can help Joe.
    I'm going to call this little WIP done for now, until I see something I missed.
    It was an interesting design that first flew in 1940. Designed as a light weight fighter for the U.S. Navy. It had contra rotating props to prevent torque, top speed of close to 390 MPH and a climb rate of 4000 ft/min. Due to part shortages the Wildcat was chosen instead for production.

Name:	Skyrocket WIP8.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	49.2 KB 
ID:	126051